Author Topic: The simple things of life  (Read 1339 times)

bcbeans

• Not So New ...
The simple things of life
« on: May 01, 2010, 02:52:32 »
Can't help noticing how this site emphasises the simple things of life. Growing food the major topic. So basic and yet so vital. The weather too...always good for conversation. Gotta love it! Day to day minutiae connecting us to each other.

For me - I enjoyed taking my dog for a walk with a friend, in glorious sunshine. Coming home and making soup using up all the left overs in the fridge. Satisfying!

What did you do today?
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.             Anais Nin

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: The simple things of life
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:12:15 »
I paid all my bills online, then caught up ith all my emails.. but before everyone thinks I need to get a life I have been putting this off for ages due to digging, sowing, baking and watching the sun go down..it was a brilliant red and grey sky last night, fantastic colours...and no rain today.

I agree the simple things in lefe give huge amounts of plaesure, I get abig kick about making something out of nothing.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Mrs Gumboot

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 08:12:52 »
Spending the day in the kitchen pottering around making yummy things. Haven't done it for over a year as the kitchen's too small in this house and it stresses me out.

Moving in a week so looking forward to getting a bigger kitchen again. Plus this year I have room to grow more veg so will have to spend ages in kitchen transforming home grown stuff into lots of lovely food.

Have been known to take a day off work just to have a baking day. Heaven.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 09:20:49 »
Just about to leave for a 6 mile walk with the ramblers. it is going to start in Pucklechurch. I hope the sun will keep shineing as rain is forcast later.
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 09:44:50 »
Yesterday was of those simple days with a simple things for me....I desided that I will have day off... ;D.well it was raining anyway ::)..so I was able to have a quiet morning with no rush...feeding chickens, having a chat with them watch them happily much away their breakkie..go into lottie really early and listen birds singing and pottering about in GH while it is raining outside and then get wet while watching everything just grow around you...ahhh...wonderful...and when you are wet and starting to get a bit chilled..come home change warm fluffy dressing gown on and have a mug of hot coffee, sit front of the computer and more ME time ;D...and nobody else on street haven't woken up yet ;D...so quiet.... ;D I wish I would win in lottery, just enough not to go to work...I love where I live anyway..so no need for big posh house... ;D..or acres and acres of land.....it just means more work... ;)

bcbeans

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 00:29:40 »
Wow, that sounds lovely. Truly a mental health day..!

I am fortunate in that I am semi retired, however, I had a workshop to attend today which made me realise that, although useful for my career, I am not so good with having other people structure my time for me these days. Especially on a Saturday when the sun is shining.
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.             Anais Nin

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 02:33:25 »
Today was Plant-Out-All -of-The- Seedlings- to- Get -Them- Out- Of- The- House Day.
It was 89F, sunny, a perfect day to plant 25 winter squash seedlings in every nook and cranny of
the yard. If they all take we will soon resemble a jungle and the thought made me blissfully happy
all day fiddling with dirt and manure.  ;D
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 08:15:32 »
25 squashes..gosh..that's a field full :)..but sound like you enjoyed yourself..at least you have your house back..soon you'll be kicking them out of your way outside ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal