Author Topic: Might want help moving a g/h  (Read 2848 times)

superspud

• Half Acre
Might want help moving a g/h
« on: April 21, 2010, 22:13:44 »
Ok, so I have a small garden but was wondering if anyone might be willing to move a greenhouse, if so I may bid on it. I warn you this move is not for the faint hearted.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Commercial-Greenhouse-13m-x-31m-with-AutoVents_W0QQitemZ260586040099QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV?hash=item3cac236b23

Wonder if it would fit my back garden, price is about right too. :D ;D
Ignore me I'm having a breakdown.

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Re: Might want help moving a g/h
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:34:17 »
I won't be bidding on it as it's slightly to big for my garden (5mx7m) ......unless my neighbours want to share ;D

Neil

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 06:37:18 »
I don't think it would fit in my Micra otherwise I would help. ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

rog_pete

• Quarter Acre
  • the photo from 10 Dec when took over the plot
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 21:02:23 »
haha... I actually think a little bit of wee just came out when I opened that ebay page

very good!

when do we start?
Rog n Pete

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 21:13:34 »
Ouch..it is 2 metres too long for my lottie...I hope commitee won't mind if I take hedge down and join to a neighbour another side of the avenue ::)

superspud

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 21:21:02 »
I'm crying here as I would love ot have that, well if I had a garden anywhere near that size I would of shoehorned it in!. Ahh wll, I have one 8x6, going after another on the bay so who knows, I did get warned that I would need planning pers for more than one but we will see.

Incidently I am in Newbury, well 3 miles outside it, I dug our garden up last year, nice size it is too, and we are all fingers and thumbs with what to do on it or what too plant and where, I have a lot of seed germinating cuc's and toms, b/beans, f/beans, more beetroot than I care for but her indoors loves, and some other bits, spuds in a bucket and 4 in the ground just too see what they will do ( their from an old bag of Tesco bought ones, so arent sure of disease).

Oh well, back to drooling over that massive g/h ..........

Spud

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 21:31:10 »
going after another on the bay so who knows, I did get warned that I would need planning pers for more than one but we will see.Spud

You can always join two to make one..no probs with planning then ;)

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 10:38:21 »
I just asked my Mrs if I could bid on it... First time in 30 years I've seen her pull a face like that, it was a real codak moment.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

superspud

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 19:55:11 »
I am even more gutted now, it went for £51.  I can't even get the base for a 8x6 for that price!

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 21:06:00 »
Its a shame you never the greenhouse but I have to say it isn't easy moving one, not that I did much work to move ours. We got given one but it had to be moved by a certain time, the weekend we had free it poured down with rain. My husband took each pane of glass out one by one saving the metal bits. Then we had the job of getting it too our allotment which was about a mile and half away. Our teenage son didn't look too impressed when asked to carry the frame through out local town ha ha. There was a guy sitting on the end of the road which we asked if we could put it on his pick up. What a nice guy he did!  Well it was in place for 1 year then it got moved again this time with alot of the glass in place from one plot to another. I've now got to replace some panes.

Good luck, hope you get one in the end. RR

superspud

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 12:05:07 »
I have one up already, however I have to blame YOU LOT in here for my current predicament. Once you start to read the posts you get ADDICTED to growing things......... Now I need another greenhouse to fill that addiction, its like an itch you can't quite scratch is'n't.

Jolly hockey sticks though!, I asked on newbury freegle (ex freecycle) if anyone had one and a kind guy called Midge has offered me one,  8x6 but it is one of the older ? ones with a single pane of glass instead of the z clip ones with two panes each. Not that I care, a free g/h is a free g/h is it not and it is most welcome and will relieve my itch......for now....untill YOU LOT keep posting about growing things....... you really must stop getting us innocents addicted to this.

Spud.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal