Author Topic: anyone recommend an excercise dvd  (Read 1739 times)

debster

• Hectare
anyone recommend an excercise dvd
« on: April 27, 2010, 14:13:21 »
on my slimming world healthy eating plan, walking lots and have taken up cycling to work but thought it would be go to do an excercise dvd now and then any recommendations for someone who currently is not particulalry fit
thanks
debs

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: anyone recommend an excercise dvd
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 14:31:42 »
What about digging an allotment ;D

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 14:51:30 »
already dig the garden dont have an allotment ;D

Rosymacposie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 15:07:39 »
The best think that I ever did was to join a gym with trainers available to help you with an excersize programme.... one year later  and 3 1/2 stone lighter Im quite happy.  ( Oh and healthy eating too.)  I never think 'diet' as my next thought is guaranteed to be 'CHOCOLATE' best of luck. 

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 15:43:11 »
funnily enough davyw i did years of boxercise classes and they were definatly the best. Rosie I cant commit to a gym like i used to what with working shifts nights etc my time off is spent doing housework, gardening and looking after the animals, thats if im not doing one of my second or third jobs really need something for home
now if santa would like to send me a Wiifit for my birthday id be very very happy lolx ;D

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 07:14:29 »
They are all rubbish. I have watched loads of them and never lost an ounce or a gramme for that matter.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:12 »
Hi Debster - I do yoga, have done so on and off for years. For me I find if I'm doing it regularly everything tones up brilliantly! I do a bit of self practice at home every couple of days (when I remember!!) and a couple of classes a week. With yoga classes I find that they are run at all times of the day - 1st thing, throughout the day and evenings, and you can drop in and out of various classes. I know there are DVD's out there but I haven't tried them.
I also realise yoga isn't everyones cup of tea, but it works for me - I hate gyms!!

good luck

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:20 »
I like the Richard Simmons ones if you can get them there, he is so funny and he and his clients who he is workking with dance and exercise to all the old pop tunes..it is a hoot, you might find him on u tube and then try Amazon. I danced his tapes daily a few years ago and felt really good after XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 12:46:29 »
Here is the best one I think.
Take any DVD from the downstairs and run it up the stairs.
Then take another one up and bring the first one down.
And so on and so forth. This will burn off a lot of calories. ;D
Better still sit back and relax in-front of the garden after you have dug it over to see what you have done and then you can get your breath back. 8)

Got them back now to put some tread on them

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 23:08:07 »
Have you tried Hula Hooping it's a good way to loose inches and fun too because it makes you feel like a kid again.
It's a really big thing in Portsmouth and there are loads of classes too.
The Hula Hoops are bigger and heavier than kids ones, try looking up Hula Hoop exercise on line, it's fantastic.
Good Luck x

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 19:57:50 »
Don't throw your money away on some DVD, what you will be watching is some celeb who more than likely will have paid some personal trainer to motovate them in to getting fit and trim, getting fit and trim is easy do twenty minutes aerobics three times a week four if possible, equipment a sturdy box to step up and down on 'Step-Ups', incorporate this with 'star-jumps', also  free standing 'Circuits' of about six exercises will also get the old heart rate going which in turn will burn the fat along with a good low cal diet, but take it easy if you have not exercised for a while even have a word with your Doc, I've trained all my life and it pays off, at sixtytwo I'm running lads half my age in to the ground at work, :)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 19:59:04 »
Don't throw your money away on some DVD, what you will be watching is some celeb who more than likely will have paid some personal trainer to motovate them in to getting fit and trim, getting fit and trim is easy do twenty minutes aerobics three times a week four if possible, equipment a sturdy box to step up and down on 'Step-Ups', incorporate this with 'star-jumps', also  free standing 'Circuits' of about six exercises will also get the old heart rate going which in turn will burn the fat along with a good low cal diet, but take it easy if you have not exercised for a while even have a word with your Doc, or why noe buy a good pair of trainers and try 'power-walking', I've trained all my life and it pays off, at sixtytwo I'm running lads half my age in to the ground at work, :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal