Author Topic: Could it happen again  (Read 2554 times)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Re: Could it happen again
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 23:13:54 »
We had such fun reading your denture stories I passed them on to some ranchers who love reading funny stuff. They passed along a few of their own (though not quite the caliber of yours!):

"Working at a dental office I can tell a million of these...

Lady came into the office to get her denture relined. She told me that they were her mother's and when she died just before they closed the casket she had the mortician take her mom's teeth so she (the lady) could use them."

"My Dad and I had just left the yard headed for the pasture. Dad had grabbed us each an apple before we left. Right behind the house is the first gate to open which has an electric wire running through it. Well Dad just bit into his apple to hold it while he opened the gate but got a mean shock off a big Speedrite fencer and spit his apple out teeth and all. "

"Before I got into ranching I worked for the county hwy dept, It was around the first of the year and a guy I worked with went to some friends home out of town for a party, well he had to much to drink and needed to stop on way home to get rid of some of it ?? Next morning he asked his wife where his teeth were ??? You guessed it, they found them frozen on to side of road, he even told us all about it"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 23:19:42 by GrannieAnnie »
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Re: Could it happen again
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 11:43:41 »
Another story from one of the ranchers:

"The year I was a junior in high school, we had a thirty mile bus ride from Merriman to Gordon (in Nebraska.) The bus driver had owned a truck for many years and hauled cattle as his occupation. He had sold the cattle truck, and thought he'd kick back and do something easier, like haul kids instead of cattle. Boy, was he in for a rude awakening.

Ol' Louie just didn't get along with kids very well. The more the youngsters would act up, the more he'd chew them out and holler back from his driver's seat. One day, he was reading the riot act when all of a sudden the silence was deafening. Everyone looked up to see why he had quit talking. There on the dirty aisle floor lay his false teeth. Louie kept on driving, but reached down to rescue his choppers. He got out his handerchief, wiped them off pretty good, and popped them back in his mouth."
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal