Author Topic: Russian connection  (Read 1473 times)

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Russian connection
« on: November 11, 2004, 20:20:42 »
I have to talk about the biggest deal i am going to do.I have contact with a russian sorry somebody from belarus,who is also a keen gardner.He has got a hugh tradelist of vegetables,with variaties i never heard of and probely most important short growing-period.He has tomato-variaties with names like extreme north,nevsky,shuntukski giant,etc,etc.Today he mailed me that the seeds are on there way,cant wait to get them

Kerry

• Hectare
Re:Russian connection
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 20:54:45 »
sounds exciting, Ruud!
what other varieties of veg are you getting?
what's the growing season in Belarus?

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 22:27:04 »
That is very exciting Ruud.  We expect lots of info about these and pics of the plants and fruits that are produced!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 15:29:53 »
Thinking of all the goodies that have come from Hungary, Romania &  Yugoslavia, this looks exciting, Ruud.

What's more, you've prompted me to look back at Vida Verde's catalogue from which I'm definitely going to source some earlier peppers & aubs for next year. = Tim

ruud

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 17:17:32 »
I have asked him the following veggies:tomatoes with the names like:carrot,gogoshary striped,lemon-gigant,samson,shuntuksi giant,black mavr,don juan,gipsy,giraffe,russian black pear,extreme north,nevsky and yamal.Peppers;aleysa and novosibirsky.Tomatillo:conditer and gold field,thats a yellow tomatillo.Watermelon:fire and very early like the name says very early.Black redish:dziunaya.Savoy cabbage:vertju 1340.Cauliflower:movir 74.Cabbage white:moscow late cabbages up ,to 10 kg.Aubergine:snowy,white one.Lettuce:berlin yellow and kuckerjavets odessky.

ruud

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 17:22:29 »
Kerry the growing-season in belarus is a hot short summer and a wet cold winter,but what makes this trade so intresting is that most of the variaties come from siberia and siberia has a very short summer.E.J. i will make some pictures next year from the results.

ruud

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 18:53:33 »
YES,the postman always rings twice.Today i got mail from a block who lives in minsk belarus.Inside the package a lot of tommy,sweet pepper,hot pepper cabbage, watermelon and lots of more goodies,cant wait to sow them. ;D ;D :D :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal