Author Topic: Google Box missing?  (Read 1946 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Google Box missing?
« on: April 15, 2010, 21:01:56 »
The box where you type the search item is missing on my pc...all the rest is there, any ideas anyone?

???

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Google Box missing?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 22:02:14 »
Try "view" and "customise toolbar"

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 22:14:18 »
Try Tools-Internet options-advanced, and make sure enable 3rd part extentions is ticked. If it is ticked try unticking then re-ticking, it might need to be restarted inbetween.

If that does not work try http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/toolbar/ie/index.html

Neil

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 14:52:50 »
 ???

Thanks for the ideas folks, but still no box.Tried both of the above suggestions and it's still the same, I know I can still use the google toolbar, but I like the big google page!

Nilly, nowhere does it say anything about 3rd party extensions when I tried to follow your instructions, but thanks anyway.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 15:45:58 »
Do you mean the search box on the google homepage is missing as shown in the picture below. If so then clearing your browsers cache and cookies should resolve the problem.

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 20:20:21 »

Nilly, nowhere does it say anything about 3rd party extensions when I tried to follow your instructions, but thanks anyway.

When you open the advanced tab, its under browsing about 11 boxes down

If it's the google page try Tools - Internet options - General tab and make sure the home page still says http://www.google.co.uk/

Neil
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 20:24:30 by nilly71 »

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 22:12:05 »
Yup, it looks just like the pic from Baccy, and clearing cookies doesn't seem to have cured it. It's really annoying me now, I think it happened when I downloaded itunes, I don't want to get rid of that and why should it happen just cos you download a legit programme?

Fed up now...walks off in a sulk

;)

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 07:04:02 »
It's not just the cookies that need to be cleared it's the cache (browsing history & temporary internet files) too.  Instructions for most browsers here:
http://www.bnl.gov/itd/webapps/browsercache.asp

A lot of people have had problems with this recently which suggests google is testing a new feature that is still full of bugs. Unfortunately there is no way to opt out of googles test pages they are randomly allocated & you are not even told that you are being forced to use them.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 16:16:35 »
 :D

Yaaay! Baccy Man is my hero! All fixed and dandy now, thanks very much Mr Baccy.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal