Author Topic: Progress post for Jeannines Canadian 2010 seed swap  (Read 13087 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Progress post for Jeannines Canadian 2010 seed swap
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 07:40:18 »
Great...I'll start digging in into my box of treasures... ;D....ooohh....exciting... ;D

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 15:02:39 »
I have just got all my seeds ready for when I get the seed parcel and was surprised at how much I have to spare.  I have:

Tomatoes –
Black krim, golden sunrise, green sausage, outdoor girl, marmande, san marzano 2, roma VF, german orange strawberry, striped roman, galena, sub artic plenty, brandywine pink, domales, oxheart pink, gardener’s delight, moneymaker, pink ping pong, yellow peach, saint Pierre, blsck seaman, costoluto fiorentino, and harbinger.

Beans:
Runner bean painted lady and scarlet emperor, dwarf French bean sprite, broad bean aquadulce Claudia and climbing purple French bean a cosse violette.

Squash:
Crown prince, delicata, summer crookneck, Australian butter, butternut, golden nugget, lunga di napoli, blue hubbard, burgess buttercup, uchiki kuri, marina di chioggia, Waltham butternut, spaghetti, tromba di albenga, table king, boston winter and cha cha F1.

Pumpkin:
Rouge vif d’etempes, F1 becky, jack o lantern, hooligan and jumbo pink banana.

Courgette:
Tondo di Toscana, striato di Italia, tondo chiaro di nizza, rugosa fruiliana, black beauty, tondo di piacenza and zucchini.

Sweetcorn:
F1 sweet nugget and double standard.

Hot pepper:
Chilli pepper and scotch bonnet red.

Sweet pepper:
F1 mavras, long red Marconi and d’asti caillo.

Cucumber:
Gherkin and crystal lemon.

Shallot matador

Spinach matador

Herbs:
Chives, basil Genovese and parsley champions moss curled 3.

Swede marian.

Leek prizetaker.

Beetroot boltardy

Cabbage earliest of all.

Marrow table dainty.

Mooli F1 april cross.

It’s going to make for a great seed swap I think.
Julie

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 15:39:05 »
Ohh...you are teaser...I'm keeping mine close to my chest.. ;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 20:00:14 »
Hard to post here now,, but I think it is lost, surely it would have arrived by now.. thank you Jay for taking this over,really sad, I was so happy to send this to you all too..gutted. What more can I say.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 20:53:52 »
Well..it is not your fault..somebody above must have put all the breaks on to prevent anything going against the law.. ::)
What can one do against volcanos..wind directions..custom officers.. ::)..maybe this time next year Jayb will report about fat, mystery parcel that turned up on her doorstep... ;D ;)

Sholls

• Acre
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 21:01:34 »
Jeannine, don't despair! I received a B'day card from BC this morning; it was posted three and a half months ago.  :o (My birthday is the first week of March. ;) )   

The card was battered, but the labels were clear, as was the post-mark screaming that it was posted Feb 17th.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:17 »
Sorry for this extra delay, I've been unable to get out this last week. But.....

Jeannine's stand-in parcel is all ready to go and I'll be off to the postie this afternoon, first stop is Star.
Its going recorded so at least this part will be traceable and I'll post the tracking number later. If possible can everyone send it recorded and pop the number on here, it doesn’t cost much extra and will keep the journey visible. 

I hope I’ve added enough to interest the first few people, I’ve tried to add lots of bits and bobs to get it started and I’m sure it will grow as it progresses.

Jeannine’s list of runners; if you haven’t been on line recently it will skip you by. Let me know when you have received the parcel and I’ll pm you the next address.

Star
Markfield Rover
DebP
Squash 64
grawc
Nilly71
Tinshed
MushyPea
mpdjulie
Goodlife
Ninnyscrops
Flowers of Shona
Suzanne
Robert Benchley.
Jayb (I hope)
Ruud

From Jeannine’s instructions ‘Enclosed is a jiffy bag for specials. eg if you want to send something to anyone on the list put it in this bag and mark in clearly who it is for and NOT FOR SWAP.’ I’ve added a bag

Jeannine I'm very happy to continue to caretake for as long as you want me to, but please step in any time you fancy  ;D
My biggest hope is the original packet arrives; my second is we can get this all the way around and home to you with some lovely surprises for everyone involved  :)

Jeannine, don't despair! I received a B'day card from BC this morning; it was posted three and a half months ago.  :o (My birthday is the first week of March. ;) )   

The card was battered, but the labels were clear, as was the post-mark screaming that it was posted Feb 17th.

Very good to know Sholls

I have to say I'm loving your list Julie  ;D

Here's to a good swap, pinch of this pinch of that, Happy Swapping everyone  ;D

Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2010, 12:05:38 »
YEAAHH!.. ;D ;D ;D...action time.. ;D ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2010, 12:57:10 »
glad to see this is back on track :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2010, 13:36:32 »
...I've just spent happy hour and half rummaging trough "the box"..and while enjoying rainy day and doing little parcels with goodies ..I can announce that I have bagged 28 little bundles of all sorts of seeds...nooo..not telling what.. ;)
Ohh..caan't wait now....are we there yet...I feel like a kid again.. ;D ::)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2010, 13:40:55 »
hmm..maybe few more packets..I shall go through "the box no2"... ;) ;D ;D ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2010, 14:05:40 »
Sorry, I am unfortunately not involved in this swap & I haven't been keeping up to date with it. Did this swap go astray on its way from Canada or on it's way round the UK. The reason I ask is because I sent a seed parcel in January to my friend in Portugal & we were both gutted when it hadn't arrived. I went to stay with her 13-20th May & when I phoned her to say I was home safely she said the seed parcel had arrived that day. Strange but true ::).

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010, 14:14:25 »
AWOL on its way here  :'(
But fingers crossed for an ending like yours Grannyjanny and Sholls  :) it certainly gives hope  :)
I can certainly think of one very happy bunny in Canada when it does get here  ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2010, 14:16:36 »
Nearly there Goodlife  ;D

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2010, 14:42:40 »
Jayb..do you think postie man will mind doing his round with wheelbarrow..as I'm afraid "the box no2" is yielding few packets more for the collection.. ;)..I'll try to keep 'everyday' basics out as I'm sure we all have plenty of those....or not?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 15:49:56 »
Thank you JayB, I am glad a parcel is starting off, Granny it got lost enroute after the fog thingy, I did however post 2 other parcels and several fat letters to various folks 2 weeks ago and with the exception of one they have all arived in the UK, so a wee bit of me is still hopeful. I think I am going to raid my seed stash and send more over now, they won't be the same as the ones I bought for the swap but at least it will bump the parcela bit bigger.

XX Jeannine

Will post again as soon as it is off.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2010, 19:02:26 »
And there is always one isn't there? It's me  -I do not want to cause a delay but I am off overseas Friday for two weeks so would it be possible to go  further down the list and I promise to bring back extra seeds to add ,sorry to be a pain.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2010, 19:24:58 »
Sorry I'm going to have to pull out of this now. Too much going on in my life and can't guarantee where I'll be! So sorry.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2010, 19:43:05 »
Sorry to hear that. I'm going to keep the seed for next year now; couldn't you do the same? At least it's progress!

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2010, 23:23:26 »
Parcel is on its way. I had a bit of a dither and unpacked it all to check and now I see the things that have fallen on the floor! Still the envelope seemed quite full  :P

Postage was £3.35 and recorded £0.74.

Tracking no DH843616692GB

Goodlife, I've no idea how the parcel will grow as it makes its way around. I've added something which bulks it out a bit but hope it will be ok with everyone. I also added 2 small bags with tubers which should go down in size. Perhaps add what you are happy to  :)

Jeannine you never cease to amaze me  :o ;D Full respect.

Thanks for letting us know, I'm sure it will be ok to move you. Let us know when you are back and hope you have a great holiday.

Grawrc, I'm sorry to hear you need to pull out   :(  again thanks for telling us.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal