Should we encrypt the members gallery?

Yes!
3 (12%)
No!
14 (56%)
Don't care!
8 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Members Gallery  (Read 8667 times)

Spurdie

• Acre
Re:Members Gallery
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2004, 20:51:06 »
Hi Roy  ;D
Sorry to hear you've been unwell ... :(  Things seem to be back to normal! I WAS going to blame a full moon for all this madness, but it's only a HALF moon. Must be the snow that's making everyone so grumpy!
Yellow Petals - it's high time you ran for Prime Minister! All these silly suggestions are just impractical! Change for sake of change is never a good idea.  ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2004, 21:41:16 »
It is not just about a few pictures YP ??? take a look at the Puritanism! thread in ‘The Shed’ to save me dragging all the dirty washing out again.

I felt a bit sorry for Peter and Flower being bullied off the board because they took the chat a step farther than previous posters albeit a bit saucier too.
You have only to look back on that thread, the banter was prevalent from the start back in December and no one complained then but now they are, ::) pot kettle and black springs to mind and too many chiefs.

Posted by Yellow Petals Re:Members Gallery
« Reply #37 on: Today at 18:43:18 »

From my own personal point of view, I think one thread for photographs with "no talk" and another thread to discuss such photographs is quite silly.

I agree entirely, that is why I suggested a vote. The question was “Should we encrypt the members gallery?” Meaning a space where we can put our mugshots and have it locked so no one can start a thread of banter.

Oh! And finally YP 'I' apologised but I’m still here and 'I' am apologising again because I have jumped at the bait, (d*mn I said I wouldn’t do that) :D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2004, 22:16:33 »
Hi Roy i can tell you are feeling better.You dont mean you dont like my singing  ;D ;D ;D. ooooops must go white van just pulled up  ???

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2004, 23:16:04 »
Like Roy,
I feel about it like this
Ciaran II
I would not like to see an image, genuine or not of either Ross or Palustris as their Avatars are embedded in my mind and to see a picture would spoil it for me.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2004, 19:06:00 »
OK! Who is for the "stocks" for posting the first piccy ;)

OK then...back to gardening........ :-X

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2004, 10:43:12 »
Ok then perhaps a 'fresh start' is all that is required.

Dan could 'lock' the old pictures thread and then we could start a new one. Pictures mainly but some chat as well just to keep all happy.

Howzat?

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2004, 10:49:33 »
A grand total of 25 votes out of 1215 registered members, tells me the members gallery is just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously. :P
To wrap things up, I would suggest that maybe Dan could tidy up the Members gallery by deleting at his discretion any posts that tend to veer off topic from December 03 or put out a plea to those who have posted banter to remove their own posts by way of the edit/delete facility.

I will start by trying to remove my own.

Sorry to drag you in on this Dan but it does look like we may need a little law and order so that we may put this to rest once and for all.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2004, 18:03:49 »
Good idea Roy - I can certainly do that.

Anyone else?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal