Author Topic: Viper's Bugloss (Echium vulgare) wanted  (Read 2091 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Viper's Bugloss (Echium vulgare) wanted
« on: September 02, 2009, 18:11:41 »
Could anyone spare me a small pinch of seed please?  I've got quite a few wild flower seeds I could send in return including Birds Foot Trefoil which I highly recommend for its attractive flowers and foliage and which looks particularly good in hanging baskets and containers due to its semi-trailing habit.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
Re: Viper's Bugloss (Echium vulgare) wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 17:48:06 »
Hi Georgie

could not find the original post for honesty seeds you advertised but just wanted to say thank you very much.  I do not have any of the seed you want but if you do not get any let me know and I will see if I can get you some when the CGS have their swap in January 10.

Otherwise I have some Lupin ex Russel, delphimium unknown or Black Japanese Tomato seeds that I can swap.  Also tons of other veg seeds let me know what you need and I will have a riffle through my seed bank.

Kind regards

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 21:43:37 »
Hi Jitterbug

Thanks for letting me know the seeds arrived safely.  I have been sent some Viper's Bugloss seeds and I can't think of anything else I need right now but thanks for the offer.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 22:14:16 »
I can't remember who sent me the seeds but they have germinated well and are ready to plant out so thanks very much.   :)

Just one question though.  How tall do they grow?  I've read between 30cm and 90cm which isn't very helpful, they will be in a sunny spot in loamy clay soil.

Thanks

G x

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:25:44 »
that 30- 90 cm is about right ::)..those plant that I had growing without any competion from the neighbouring plant stayed about 30 cm and those with other stuff around..stretched to about 90 cm...so anything between...
But bees love them and if you have plenty of them...........sea of blue...
Oh..and I never grown them in pots..I have just sprinkled on soil, raked and off they go..and they self seed  for next year as  well.. ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 22:32:24 »
that 30- 90 cm is about right ::)..those plant that I had growing without any competion from the neighbouring plant stayed about 30 cm and those with other stuff around..stretched to about 90 cm...so anything between...
But bees love them and if you have plenty of them...........sea of blue...
Oh..and I never grown them in pots..I have just sprinkled on soil, raked and off they go..and they self seed  for next year as  well.. ;D

Okay thanks.

G x

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal