Author Topic: Post your area in subject box  (Read 2595 times)

Dirty Digger

• Quarter Acre
  • South Devon. Got a small patch and some pots.
Post your area in subject box
« on: April 03, 2010, 00:02:01 »
This is slightly off topic as this is not a thread that's swapping any plants, cuttings or seeds, however, does anyone agree with me that they should put their living area in the subject box, so that it's made clear where their swap is coming from?

It's great that someone has an excess of something or other but I doubt anyone really wants to travel more than 20 miles to swap a few plants over.

Seeds may be a different matter as they can be posted but this particular area of the forum isn't just about seeds.

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Re: Post your area in subject box
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 19:55:57 »
I agree, freegle/freecycle has     wanted:item:area as the heading

you could also update you personal profile, Personal Text:  area (look under my avatar)

Neil

Dirty Digger

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 20:47:23 »
I agree, freegle/freecycle has     wanted:item:area as the heading

you could also update you personal profile, Personal Text:  area (look under my avatar)

Neil

now that's kleva.....I wonder if it'll catch on?

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 21:07:57 »
We used to do it........some of us, then it didn't seem neccessary any more. :D
Smile, it confuses people.

Dirty Digger

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 03:26:24 »

i don't see how it could possibly seem unnecessary.....it should be the first thing you look at when looking for cuttings and plants......seeds are a different matter as they are easily posted.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 15:03:44 »
When posters give info/advice I like to know what part of the country they are from.  What grows in Cornwall does not always do well further N.   I also like a subject in the tittle.

:(

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 15:16:52 »

i don't see how it could possibly seem unnecessary.....it should be the first thing you look at when looking for cuttings and plants......seeds are a different matter as they are easily posted.

Small plants and cuttings are very easily posted, costs less than a car journey so more environementally friendly too.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 20:56:27 »
All I meant was it was suggested and some folks included their area in their avatar but it fizzled out and no-one bothered after that. We still managed swaps though. Maybe we were familiar with where certain people lived by then. I certainly didn't mean it was a bad idea. Posting plants is easy though, I post mine with roots wrapped in damp paper towel in a cut down pop bottle stuck up with gaffer tape. Not had any problems to date.
Smile, it confuses people.

no-lottie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 05:28:46 »
Below the avatar is the best place to place your location, mainly because if more than one person responds to a post, then they'll have to change the subject line for their post, which could see a hotch potch of subject lines in one topic.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:05:05 »
Below the avatar is the best place to place your location, mainly because if more than one person responds to a post, then they'll have to change the subject line for their post, which could see a hotch potch of subject lines in one topic.

hi no lotty :) how do you manage swapping seeds with the rest of the world? I'v a friend who lives in Perth and she says it illegal to send seeds ect to Australia but allright to send them out. this makes this a very good idea to have your location below your avatar
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal