Author Topic: AVG 7.0  (Read 2332 times)

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
AVG 7.0
« on: November 14, 2004, 11:11:03 »
Tried to download the newest version of AVG which is 7.0 as 6.0 is ceasing on 31st December. However, no digital signature was recognised and I'm being warned that it may be infected by virus's!!!! Any advice on what I should do?

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Palustris

• Hectare
Re:AVG 7.0
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 12:32:24 »
I have just downloaded AVG7 and installed it, no problems. Your firewall is being sensitive.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 13:31:24 »
Yet again showing my ignorance - so can you tell me please what is AVG 7.0 ??? and is it beneficial to download it.  One of these days hopefully I will be completely computer literate - but I doubt it :-\ :)

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 13:57:35 »
Pat, it's an antivirus thingamy watsit that was talked about on a previous thread, this is the link...
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/5443/lng/us
I would like to download it but my Norton has already warned me that I should only run one anti virus programme at any one time.
I have also got the Microsoft A/Virus on my PC but even Micro soft has said not to run more than one including 'Firewall' so I have knocked Microsoft on the head for the time being.
Any thoughts Anyone? ???

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 15:52:32 »
Trying to run more than one anti-virus programme is bound to create problems. Each one thinks the other is a hacker!

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 18:13:47 »
Well I run Norton and AVG on my machine without any difficulty. I also run Adaware and Spybot too.
Norton sits and chunners away in the background as a sort of resident shield, while AVG I run weekly to check up on Norton.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 19:08:47 »
Thanks Roy - I really am trying to learn all about these things but find it a bit difficult.  Alot of it goes right over my head.  Thank goodness I have a son who is really into computers and he does help me out alot, but he is not always on hand to help me so I have to rely on my good friends here.  I have Zone Alarm and Adaware.  Is this enough protection to you think?  My mind really boggles when I read some of the threads here - I'm afraid it is all greek to me :-[ :-\

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 20:27:19 »
Pat, I suppose if Zone Alarm has kept the Virus's at bay then stick with it, if it's letting too many through then try something like AVG.

Eric I must admit when I was running M/soft and Norton together both with firewalls, things seemed to be working fine and possibly with less attacks, but both setups suggested one of the programmes should be turned off, they both must have spotted the competition ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal