Author Topic: How do I make Fish Blood and Bone  (Read 29302 times)

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: How do I make Fish Blood and Bone
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 14:43:16 »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 19:15:53 »
That's why I suggested a small one... sometimes the country ones will bend the rules a but,, ours did anyway.XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 15:40:04 »
 one of the best grinders ive found is one of those ole school things you clamped to a table with a cranking handle you turned. ive got two as i make my own fishing ground bait .
chuck the stuff in the top and crank the handle , the big screw forces everthing againts the blades and chopps it up, out the end comes fine well chopped up loverly stuff

HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2010, 10:25:26 »
The only problem with those is that they tend to shift about and come loose as the clamps aren't all that good.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 21:17:16 »
Rather late reading this topic but read once a woman would save all chicken leg bones and let them dry in the oven after she baked something and then would push the dry leg bones into the soil around her roses which grew beautifully. I did this until I got bored pushing leg bones about. They never seemed to be bothered by foxes but every time I've used bonemeal my plants get dug up. I put some meal yesterday around the fig tree in a pot and around some bulbs and today they were all dug up I'm guessing by Mr. Fox. Perhaps it should only be applied in the Fall?
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2010, 21:21:30 »
I use bone meal only when planting something or during winter when it is readily 'swallowed' by wet soil....maybe if you would water it in thoroughly..your visitors would leave it alone..

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2010, 21:43:34 »
Oh yuk! I'm with Bugloss.. Serial killer alert!

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2010, 21:43:51 »
I use bone meal only when planting something or during winter when it is readily 'swallowed' by wet soil....maybe if you would water it in thoroughly..your visitors would leave it alone..
I watered it in and put wood chip mulch over both places. The scent must still be there.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal