Author Topic: Painted mountain corn  (Read 1711 times)

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Painted mountain corn
« on: March 22, 2010, 16:21:30 »
Has anyone grown it before?

Was thinking of getting some from http://www.brownenvelopeseeds.com/index.php/site/seed/painted_mountain/

Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Painted mountain corn
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 17:52:57 »
Be careful if you grow other corn as they might cross, you will have to pick your type carefully
.XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Mortality

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 16:20:26 »
Yay they arrived today, now I just have to choose which colour seeds to plant, any preferences or advice? :P
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

earlypea

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:05:14 »
Every year I'm tempted to grow this, but do you think it's an anti-social act on an allotment where everyone else is trying to grow pure yellow versions?  :-\

Mortality

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:46:29 »
Every year I'm tempted to grow this, but do you think it's an anti-social act on an allotment where everyone else is trying to grow pure yellow versions?  :-\

Ohh tough call, I'm growing it in my back yard, so it shouldn't affect anyone.
I suppose you would need to know how far the pollen is likely to spread..

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 13:22:11 »
If you're just growing a small bed, it's unlikely to affect anything more than a few yards away. Published distances refer to field quantities.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal