Author Topic: Watching the roofers at work  (Read 711 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Watching the roofers at work
« on: March 25, 2010, 23:35:56 »
The view from my balcony rarely changes, the mountains are snowy, misty invisible etc depending on the weather and the trees change colour etc but things have really changed now.

At the foot of the mountains  leading up to the other side of my road is a complex of town houses, and they are all getting new roof tiles. For the past three weeks give or take I have been watching this. It is something to do and I truly admire the men who are doing this job, They stripped the tiles etc right off to just a timber frame in the beginning. I have watched them hop around like kids on a playground. There have been cool days(sweaters on) cold days (coats) warm days( t shirts) and joy of joys heat for a couple of days (guess) but today it is raining, gone from fine drizzle to heavy rain, there are blue tarps on some houses but some are being tiled. Today I thought I would be looking at the mountains again but no..they are still there suitable dressed in raincoats but still working,  and what blows my mind is that they are still hopping about as if it was a dry day. It must be slippery up there and has to be dangerous but they haven't even slowed their pace.

I have started to be aware of my roof now and have a wonderful respect for those brave lads!!
Just thought I would share this
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal