Allotment Stuff > Swap Shop

Blagging Freebies

(1/17) > >>

ceres:
Following the recent PM seed requests by a complete newbie, I’ve been wondering why we’ve got people joining just to ask for freebies and it didn’t take long to find at least one answer.  On the moneysavingexpert forum, a member there (who is also a member here) has posted many times that this is a seed swap site where you don’t have to give anything in return.

If you prefer that your goodies go to people who stick around and keep the forum lively and vibrant, just check the member’s last posts in their profile.  It’s usually very clear if they are freeloaders.  For example, there’s someone at the moment (who is also a moneysavingexpert member) who has posted 12 times here and 10 are ‘can I have’ posts.  Ultimately it’s up to individuals who they give their seeds to but it’s worth knowing that there are blaggers operating.  I’ve stickied this for future reference by newbies.

manicscousers:
thanks for this, ceres, I'm a member of martin's money tip, I'm off for a look  :-\

Robert_Brenchley:
She does go a bit overboard doesn't she?

Tulipa:
Thanks Ceres, I had spotted that happening too. ;)

Digeroo:
I rejected several newbie from my seed swap.  It is rather difficult because it does not seem very welcoming to say hi welcome to the forum, but sorry I am rejecting you.

I certainly have got back a lot less seeds than I put in.  I think next year I shall do a collection and then divvy it up.  At the moment those that put in the most are not necessarily getting a good deal. 

Nice to see you posting Ceres.  Can you put up a link?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version