Author Topic: Missing reply button  (Read 978 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Missing reply button
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:56:29 »
I want to reply to jimtheworzel's "Going green" thread but there is no reply button! Two other people have replied. Anyone know what  the problem is?

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Missing reply button
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:05:03 »
Caroline, I believe Jim has locked it.  Not sure why, but might be in response to one of the less than favourable replies he received :( (I may well be wrong)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:13:01 by SamLouise »

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:40:45 »
That's why I wanted to reply- to redress the balance a bit! Hey-ho!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:43:43 »
I think Ollies reply may have upset the poor fella, you can't blame Ollie though, now he's a house husband he's probably had electric appliances coming out of his ears, what with all that ironing, washing, hovering, cooking and so forth.  ;)      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 13:10:11 »
goind  green is back on line

jimtheworzel

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 13:17:37 »
I hope it wasn't my reply that caused the thread to be locked - after a couple of glasses of wine it looked funnier than it does today... It was a perfectly reasonably question from JTW, and there was no need to be so dismissive. I happen to think they're rubbish & can't imagine why anyone would want one - they do nothing to help congestion, and when you take into account the energy they make to manufacture, you do a better service to the environment by keeping an old car going than making a new one - however it is fuelled. Was what I meant.

Still, each to their own!

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 16:54:31 »
I happen to think they're rubbish & can't imagine why anyone would want one - they do nothing to help congestion, and when you take into account the energy they make (take) to manufacture, you do a better service to the environment by keeping an old car going than making a new one - however it is fuelled. Was what I meant.

Still, each to their own!

A very valid comment. Use the old ones to extinction then buy a new one, it's more environmentally friendly. The motor industry are probably rubbing their hands and saying "Recession, what recession?".
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal