Author Topic: home made sausage meat to taste like shop bought.  (Read 7420 times)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Re: home made sausage meat to taste like shop bought.
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 18:21:48 »
Thanks Tim. I got some ready ground and will get  ..a round toit .. soon

Those things you photographed look rather like the pig's ears our dog likes. It just shows that without being able to compare size in a picture an unfamiliar item could be anything from huge to microscopic.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 18:38:00 »
Agree - usually put a 'control' beside.

They are about 3 cm.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 16:41:25 »
Well I nearly got there. Then cooked a little to try and it was over seasoned. I realised then that after getting the meat in pounds (as they now sell it on the market)  I had got the recipe in Kilos.

I do not feel too bad about that since the NASA scientists did the same with metric and imperial measurements when sending some multi million dollar thingy to Mars, which was why (so they said)  it disappeared and was never heard of again. ( I secretly hoped the Martians had shot it down).

Had to add some more minced meat but had no more gluten free bread crumbs. It is actually a lovely flavour now and I like it.

Not sure how long it will take me to use up four pounds of sausage meat but it is now in seven half pound batches in the freezer and one in the fridge for me to use straight away.

Thanks to all for your contributions and buirons graph, which works perfectly....... if it is used properly......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal