Author Topic: I feel naked this morning....  (Read 5085 times)

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
Re: I feel naked this morning....
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 15:28:23 »
The glasses in Wilkos are £3. Worth a try for a spare/emergency pair.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 16:48:37 »
The glasses in Wilkos are £3. Worth a try for a spare/emergency pair.

but are these just reading glasses tho? Squash is short sighted..

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 18:59:11 »
I dont know about that, I didn't focus that closely, just noticed glasses, thou' I was really wanting the drinking kind   :-[

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 20:11:07 »
Naked   :o

Screw loose    :P

I thought this was going to be juicy  ???

I went into the opticians on Saturday to get my first pair of glasses, twenty minutes I argued with the bloke, until he mentioned that I was in the butchers and the opticians was in fact next door. :P    :-X     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 01:10:40 »
I only wear for reading and sewing.. just starting to need them for all the time,I bought a very expensive pair that had distance on as well just before I left the UK and I can't wear the silly things, the room  moves when I put them on and I start to feel sick.Optician said I would get used to it..Not!

Meanwhile back to the readers which are over the counter ones.. poundshop specials in little tubes, I have them everywhere, car, kitchen, bedroom, sewing basket, handbag(bit posher pair in there) used to be in the lottie shed, desk at work, best friends house, by the computer...etc etc..  And still John groans several times a day when I ask " have you seen my glasses

So pleased you have managed to get yourself temp sorted, I wouldn't be any good without my readers, so must be dreadful being without when you need them to see.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 06:58:30 »
I got my new specs last week so I'm not naked or looking like Jack Duckworth any more.   :D

Anyone else have transition lenses?  How long did it take you to get used to them?

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 07:00:15 »
I never did..sorry, they are still in the case from last April.. John got his the same day though and it took him only a day.Glad you feel dressed again XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 11:26:45 »
All I know is, I've damaged my second lot of contact lenses in three weeks.  I'm just not meant to have them, am I?  I wouldn't mind, but they are only trial pairs and I'm too embarrassed to go in and ask for a third lot, they'll think I'm flogging them on eBay or something!

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 11:30:17 »
I got my new specs last week so I'm not naked or looking like Jack Duckworth any more.   :D

Anyone else have transition lenses?  How long did it take you to get used to them?

good to hea you got them sorted  :D

For the 1st few hours a bit weird , was advised not to go up and down stairs in them, but to sit and work / read to get used to them. 2nd day - fine  :) How are you getting on?

And SamLouise - what are like  :D

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 12:34:26 »
1066 - Sorry, I don't think I explained very clearly what I'd had - I called them 'transition' but maybe I should have said 'reactolight'?  They are like sunglasses which go darker according to the strength of the light.  (I have had 'varifocals' for years and don't have a problem with them)

I've been wearing them since last Thursday and I just can't cope with how dark everything is when it's sunny.  I need two pairs really, so I think I will have another pair made without the reactolight lens.

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 14:02:38 »
Aaahhh! Had those as well, I got on with them ok but now I just have a pair of sunnies being out and about (distance only)  ;D
Life gets complicated with glasses doesn't it!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 15:07:41 »
I wondered what 'transition' glasses were...ah! you've explained = reactolight. All my specs are reacto-whotsits & have been for years. Trick is to get a depth of shading you're comfortable with - it can vary a lot. As can the time it takes to actually react from dark back to light.

Like 1066, I've also got script dark sunglasses and love 'em. Those are for the days, sun or not, when I can't be bothered with make-up and fondly, tho v. mistakenly, think I look like a Film Star.....you know, one of the Old Ones 8)

;D

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 15:12:25 »
Just got back from chosing another pair of glasses - without reactolight this time. 
I came home early from the allotment this morning because I couldn't stand everything looking so dull  :(
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 15:14:02 »
Like 1066, I've also got script dark sunglasses and love 'em. Those are for the days, sun or not, when I can't be bothered with make-up and fondly, tho v. mistakenly, think I look like a Film Star.....you know, one of the Old Ones 8)
 ;D

Hyacinth - I know what you mean but this really made me laugh! ;D ;D
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 18:07:11 »
On my dad's epitaph I am going to have 'has anyone seen my glasses?'  Driven us bonkers for years.  Thank goodness for the cheapies you can buy now as it was costing a fortune in lost specs.

Sam-Louise - I have worn contact lenses since I was 13 but all of a sudden they keep tearing or becoming gritty.  One pair would last about 2 - 3 months, now not even that many weeks.  If I were you I would question the lenses your are trying and ask for a different make - as a freebee of course.

small

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 18:55:36 »
I have to wear 'transition' lenses for an eye condition. I hate them and am always peering over the top to see what colour the sky and clouds really are. Plus once they are a few months old they are much slower to get clear again once you come indoors so I tend to bump into things.....but I tell myself that I'm so lucky to live now, in another age my degree of short sight and other problems would have totally circumscribed my life.  Dullness is a small price to pay.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 19:02:34 »

when I can't be bothered with make-up and fondly, tho v. mistakenly, think I look like a Film Star.....you know, one of the Old Ones 8)

;D
[/quote]
AH King Kong one of my all time favourites.    :-X      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 07:31:01 »

AH King Kong one of my all time favourites.    :-X      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:o  :o  :o

That's the norty step for you Kev  !

Us laydees love our sunnies - and hats (for bad hair days....  ;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 08:35:19 »
Squash that was what happened when we both  got new glasses last April in  the UK, they were much darker than the sample they showed us in the shop, we took then straight back and they changed th4 lens for free,,try it XX Jeannine

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 09:49:13 »
Last count, I've 5 pair of specs I alternate between using (+ the Film Star ones 8)) and all are reactolight and they just don't behave in the way that's been mentioned here. Can only think that, tho various lens manufacturers make reacto.. - some are better than others? My lenses are always expensive - ultrathin, for starters, so perhaps I'm getting a more expensive reacto treatment as well. Sorry they don't 'work' for some of you. I find them a real boon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal