General > The Shed

A place for newbies to introduce themselves.

(1/207) > >>

Jeannine:
Hi, to all newbies, I have started this  this spot here so you can,  if you choose, come and  say Hi and introduce yourself and  tell us a bit about your garden etc. Often newbies get overlooked when saying hi in the other threads and I for one feel bad if I don't get chance to welcome them.  I will bump up the thread periodically and we can see how it goes.

XX Jeannine

Torreya:
Marvellous idea, thank you!!

I'll start the ball rolling, shall I?

Newbie to this site, joined a few weeks ago, but just after I did, the 'pooter packed up!!

We don't have a 'proper' allotment  :(

We DO have a walled garden with a veg plot of 25yds x 25yds  ;D

Had a bad few years for various reasons, so starting off with a massive clearout of the brambles, weeds etc. If you want to see how we're getting on, look at our new blog at   http://ashfurlongwalledkitchengarden.blogspot.com

We're in Sutton Coldfield nearish to Hill allotments, just much, much colder!

Into growing lots of old/Heritage varieties, to try and keep in with the age of the garden, plus unusuals such as Oca, Achocha etc  So I'm doing a lot of swaps with friends made on this and other sites.

Hope to pick up some tips from all the many experts on this site - you all sound brilliant!!

Trevor_D:
Nice idea, Jeannine.

I remember that when I joined I was very hesitant about jumping into an established thread; it seemed a bit like butting into a private conversation. (And I'd been lurking for months, so already had an idea of a few of the more established members.)

Welcome Torreya!

Mortality:
Welcome Torreya, looks like you have your work cut out sorting the garden, but I bet it will be beautiful by the summer !  :)

lottiedolly:
Welcome Torreya and long may you stay  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version