Author Topic: My mates 'THE PLANNERS'  (Read 1140 times)

ACE

• Hectare
My mates 'THE PLANNERS'
« on: March 09, 2010, 09:45:08 »
I bet we all know somebody who has come up against the planning department and have ended up pulling their hair out at some of their stupid decisions. Well I have nothing but praise for our local office.

For the last 3 years I have had a running battle with the Enviromental Health about a noise nuisance. A block of air conditioning fans that hum all night. Not  a noise that you can't speak over, but a d**n nuisance if you are trying to get to sleep. They have been toing and froing and generally being useless. I think they are actually 'dogs with no teeth' and  we are paying their wages but  they cannot deliver the service.

Anyway I phoned up the planning office and asked who was responsible for letting them put the fans there. Next day they visited the premises and told them straight away MOVE THEM or else. They have not been able to move them but are at this moment building an acoustic wall around them. So hopefully a peaceful night. If the wall does not work they are not allowed to use them between 23.00 and 7.00 the hours of darkness.   RESULT.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: My mates 'THE PLANNERS'
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:46:10 »
All my experience of planning departments seems to be like this.... they are quick, it's yes or no if they're asked a direct question, and they'll help you sort stuff out beforehand so that a yes is rubberstamped... a mate of mines extension went through like a breeze with them cos he asked questions first.... other council departments can suck lots but the planning folks seem direct..... fierce though, if you fail to do what they've said they can just send in the bulldozers if you don't remove what they've told you to and it's a criminal offence to obstruct them as far as I can tell.... You are unlikely to beat them in court either, though good luck to that bloke with the castle he built behind straw bales cos that actually looks nice....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal