Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 1236 times)

bridgehouse

• Acre
Thanks
« on: March 12, 2010, 08:35:30 »

I would just like to say thanks to everyone on allotments 4 all, I have learned a great deal from all you lovely folk.
When I first had my allotment [ I am not in my first flush of youth]I hardly knew anything about growing things. but with all the advice on here I have learned a lot  thank you so much.
        June.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:53:12 »
June,

It is refreshing to know that all on here are not in the flush of youth, and that we can learn from each other.
I myself have not had a lottie for some time as the work load for me is great.
You may on the other hand have more time to spare.
Whatever time there is to spare, people can offer there knowledge for others and that person can pick up things which they themselves are not to familiar with.
Young and old working together for a better cause is what I think is better than having them not doing a thing to help others. Those that do this will have a dull outlook on life and more than likely get bored quickly.
Given the option the former is better than the latter any day.
Be happy in what you do and help those that cannot.
Enjoy what time is left and live it to the full.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 09:31:25 »
it's a lovely place isn't it. I know I have learned heaps from this place and therefore the lovely people involved, and it's so nice to be able to share and give something back  :)

Happy Growing

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:46:57 »
Oh isn't that nice!
It is because of A4A that I believed I could grow my own garlic. Our "plot lore" stipulates that garlic will not grow on our plots. Last year I got many fine heads of garlic grown from a supermarket pack! I just followed the A4A people's advice to plant before winter, in November and leave it to do it's own thing.
I am still a completely hopeless gardener but I try to follow the advice given and slowly slowly am improving and gaining confidence.
Enjoy!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 14:42:06 »
Bridgehouse what a nice post!   :)
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 16:02:52 »

it is because of A4A that I believed I could grow my own garlic.

.....and would you believe it.........I am still learning too!

Your a great bunch best in cyberspace I would say!! and I have been around a lot of it so I should know!

So its a big thanks to you all from me as well!

BTW I am not just past 'my sell by date' I am past my 'use by date' ( according to the bible 8)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 16:27:28 »
 I would also like to say THANK YOU i have grown things i did not think i could grow,, so much help & advice given with kindness. ;D
I have been given seeds & plants for which i thank you all. ;D ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 16:30:12 »
I showed my granddaughter this site and she said 'why is everyone so nice on here', not rude like the site Mummy goes on.  'Out of the mouths of babes'.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 16:32:54 »
now that just begs the question what site does mummy go on !!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal