Author Topic: My brave girls..  (Read 2305 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
My brave girls..
« on: April 23, 2010, 07:36:08 »
This morning I was being early bird and I literally woke my chickens up well before normal "opening time"...went in, took cup of coffee and girls started to scream their "heads off"..bloody foxy in the garden :o!..
I know it does pay visit..but as I was being so early I bet it was on its morning round before folk gets up and about, and couldn't believe it's luck..there was me cup in my hand staring though window (mouth open) at the fox,,fox staring me and the girls deciding what to do...my dog next to me..fast asleep..and my girls screaming waking neighbourhood up.. ::)..great.. nothing beats a bit of exitement first thing in the morning ::)
so next thing..I ran..fox ran..dog ran...chickens ran....phew...
after that I spent long while calming my girls..they got really worked up..plenty of soft talking and stroking under the beak.. ::)..they wouldn't calm down with treats :o They never get alarmed with dogs or cats..not even the strange ones..but for literally only just jump ovet the fence..how do they know difference?..my dog is same colour and size as fox..they are not as stupid as people think.. ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: My brave girls..
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:46:32 »
Shame you didn't have time for  pictures!  Night gown, wellie boots and coffee cup!!! ;D No body is going to mess wth your girls.. I liked the bit about the beak stroking best, and I thought I was a bit nutty!!

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:54:32 »
Oh..I have tought all my animals..including OH..to expect lots of touchy-strokey-kissy-lovey-dovey-hugey stuff and endless talking... ::)..It is like a mad house over  here.. ;D....Me nutty!..definately!..
Only one of my girls really is after my affection...I always give it a soft talk and little tikle under the beak... ;D...but this morning they all seem to like me stroking them and they were keeping close too...have put that nightie in washer now.. ::)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 08:10:43 »
Interesting mental picture that,  you in wellies and nightie tickling OH under the beak.

Back to the point, other creatures seem to be much more aware of imminent danger than us humans. I think we either underate them or overrate ourselves.

I recall hearing how the wild life tends to vacate an area prior to earthquakes and other natural  phenomena, whilst we intelligent humans can not with all sorts of technical know how can't manage to forecast the weather with accuracy.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 08:31:00 »
Interesting mental picture that,  you in wellies and nightie tickling OH under the beak."

... ;D..can hardly imagine that myself... ;D

"I recall hearing how the wild life tends to vacate an area prior to earthquakes and other natural  phenomena"

...I'm sure they didn't need much extra sensitivity to vacate away from the mad woman running along garden path..  ;D..earthquake...yeah ;D
But seriously...yes they started the noise befor the fox came..I suspect that they did react to the blackbird alarm or something similar....

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57:19 »
whoop...all went under the "quote" with last post...oh well.... ::)I do wake properly untill after 12....off to work now...I can do my work half sleep.... ;)

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:26:28 »
It is quite amazing the amount of noise that comes from the chickens when they see a fox isnt it!Better than a alarm clock  ;D

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 12:34:01 »
Amazing..yes.. ;D Although I did see neighbour next door just as I was going to work and I apologised about my chucks making all that noise...She never heard a thing! :o ::) ;D..So all well after all ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal