Author Topic: Interesting website....  (Read 1731 times)

tai haku

• Quarter Acre
Interesting website....
« on: February 28, 2010, 20:53:56 »
I just found this tonight and thought some of the members here may enjoy the ramblings section:

http://www.liseed.org/ramblings.html

Basically thoughts and photos from a vegetable seed producer in Long Island looking to produce cool and unusual open pollinated varieties; some of the squash crosses are pretty interesting.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Re: Interesting website....
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 22:47:11 »
Great site, really interesting, ty for the link.  ;D
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 00:21:26 »
The only problem with that site: now I really want to try growing some flint corn as both an ornamental and for popping. Those ears he pictured with purple husks as well as colored kernels were very pretty. And the idea that you never know exactly what the seed will produce= just like a surprise package. Very tempting.  Thank you for posting the site.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

worldor

• Half Acre
  • A Black Country girl
    • City Chickens
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:36:12 »
Just had a look at this site and was interested to see cucumbers growing on the ground. I haven't done well with cucumbers so far and have grown them in the lean to and up a cane as with tomatoes. Am I doing something wrong here. Should I be growing outside along the ground as with pumpkins and squash?

worldor

• Half Acre
  • A Black Country girl
    • City Chickens
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:10:09 »
Thanks Jeannine

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 17:52:21 »
Just had a look at this site and was interested to see cucumbers growing on the ground. I haven't done well with cucumbers so far and have grown them in the lean to and up a cane as with tomatoes. Am I doing something wrong here. Should I be growing outside along the ground as with pumpkins and squash?
I like them growing up. Much easier to find and pick. Maybe try another type. The all female flowered ones produce heavily or F1 hybrids have done best for me.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal