Author Topic: Bristol Seed Swap / Seedy Sunday / Potato Fayre?  (Read 2897 times)

JonT

Bristol Seed Swap / Seedy Sunday / Potato Fayre?
« on: January 05, 2010, 18:59:55 »
Hi all,

Last year, due to some weather not dissimilar to that sweeping the UK currently, my wife and I attended a seed swap at a small venue in Totterdown/Windmill Hill. The formal Potato fayre isn't until March/April which is comparatively late but I can't track down the organisers of this smaller event.

I've got a blinking tonne of excess seed this year!

So I'd be grateful if anyone has heard anything on the grapevine which google has yet to find.

Thanks,

Jon

Badstripe

• Not So New ...
Re: Bristol Seed Swap / Seedy Sunday / Potato Fayre?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 17:18:35 »
Hey I', in bristol, also! would love to swap some seeds with you, what u got?

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 19:37:24 »
Hi there

You can check out the link below http://www.potatoday.org/potatodays.htm for the potato days otherwise search on google for seed swaps in your area.  You might get lucky!

Good luck

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

forestgardeninginbristol

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 21:23:47 »
Hi

Just to let you knowbout the seed swap in Bristol

Bristol Seed Swap
Sunday 21st of March
Windmill Hill City farm
11am and 3pm.

Its going to be the 5th Bristol Seed Swap. Lined up so far is Seeds from the Heritage Seed Library, Commmunity gardens' plant stalls, wild food walks with Andy Hamilton, local gardening groups, film showings, seed saving workshops, tea and cake and more to come. If you have spare seeds that you saved from last year, flowers and vegetables it is a brilliant chance to swap your surplus. If you did not manage to save any last year it's a chance to get a few packs of seeds to save this year. There will be a stall with Seed Saving info so you can find out how to save seeds this year. The day is a brilliant chance for new growers to pick up a few packets of free seeds and some growing tips. Entry is by donation. Hope to see you there!

More info can be found at www.myspace.com/bristolseedswap
or email bristolseedswap@yahoo.co.uk

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 21:26:31 »
Well now the Edible Garden Show has been cancelled, I just happen to have that day off......I feel a road trip coming on! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal