Author Topic: Lidl - fruit trees on the 25th Feb  (Read 1883 times)

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Lidl - fruit trees on the 25th Feb
« on: February 18, 2010, 17:27:29 »
Pear, Cherry, Plum or Apple in 6" pots £5.99 each or £10 for 2.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_8437.htm

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Lidl - fruit trees on the 25th Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 17:33:07 »
And they have car rugs with patterns on.  Will make a nice change from the current mud motif.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 23:11:21 »
I decided to be cheeky this evening and went to Lidl to ask if they would put some trees by for me until tomorrow afternoon as I can't get there in the morning. The manager was very kind and let me buy them tonight, though he also said he shouldn't really! I'm glad I went - they only had a total of twenty-one trees to put out for sale tomorrow!! That means only 9 people will be able to take advantage of the 2 for £10 offer after I had bought three.

I bought a Stella cherry, a Jonagold and a Cox's Orange Pippin and will keep them in their pots this year and move them into bigger ones next year. I just hope there are more apple trees in the vicinity as I've just read that Jonagold is a triploid and needs two pollinators but I really don't have any more room in my tiny walled garden for any more.

Tricia

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:23:57 »
Oh dear after being so restrained at the garden centres I feel a trip to Lidl coming on - it's raining again so what else am I supposed to do.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:34:52 »
I'm now the proud owner of what might be a doyenne du comice pear tree. I think I'll try training it as an espalier on the wall at my back door 9next door's conservatory wall). Should help to keep it warm.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal