Author Topic: White Volunteer courgette - fantastic!  (Read 3165 times)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: White Volunteer courgette - fantastic!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 15:46:31 »
Ohhhhh noooooo, I'm not even a big courgette fan and I'm thinking of ordering some!
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Squashfan

• Acre
  • Ah, gardening!
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 15:49:20 »
I'm trying desperately to resist the urge myself!  :o My OH says he'll leave me if I buy any more squash seeds...  :-[
And purple heather, there are so many types of squashes (winter, summer) that surely you'll find one you love with a bit of research. Courgettes are just one type of many...  :D
This year it's squash.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 15:51:53 »
Oooh Betty you are awful! I'm a big fan of the pale courgette 'Cavilli', so I was tempted and succumbed too.......checking out though it told me there is a minimum order of £7.99.......no problem, there were quite a few new things I would like to to try, over £10 later.........sigh! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 15:53:06 »
Noooooooo........must.......resist........seeds............

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 18:13:09 »
Ooooh dear, I succumbed too, really didn't mean to, bought striata di napoli too :-[ :-[ :-[ well, you see, I like to cook different colour courgettes together as they look nice on the plate - is that a good enough excuse??  And I had to make it up to £8! ;)

Thanks Betty, I think we will enjoy those! :)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 18:48:45 »
I didn't 'need' any more courgette seeds either, I've already got the ones I'd planned on growing but While Volunteer are something special so I couldn't resist them.   :)

You don't know how right you are there :D.... I've seen the envelope (held to gether only by the application of extra tape" full of squash/courgette seeds on its way to you today :D.... I reckon you'll need about 100square metres devoted to squash if you just grow two of everything in the envelope plus the ones I know you have (like the ones you sent in).... that's a lot  of cucurbits.....

chrisc

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 19:12:33 »
The Betty effect -  ;D  ;D  ;D

Blimey, what a responsibility - I hope those of you who've ordered them, like them!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 19:15:30 »
So the A4A interpretation of the Delia effect would be the Betty effect  ;D

Betty needs to ask for commission, in seeds of course  ;)
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 19:15:55 »
I didn't 'need' any more courgette seeds either, I've already got the ones I'd planned on growing but While Volunteer are something special so I couldn't resist them.   :)

You don't know how right you are there :D.... I've seen the envelope (held to gether only by the application of extra tape" full of squash/courgette seeds on its way to you today :D.... I reckon you'll need about 100square metres devoted to squash if you just grow two of everything in the envelope plus the ones I know you have (like the ones you sent in).... that's a lot  of cucurbits.....

chrisc

I'm going to have to 'borrow' most of my plot-neighbour's plot again.  He already refers to it as "our" plot.....
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal