Author Topic: Better late than never  (Read 2867 times)

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
Better late than never
« on: November 09, 2004, 09:22:23 »
Finally uploaded my pics from Halloween.

Nothing as professional as some of the carvings on here, but I'm proud as it's my first home-grown pumpkin!

Can you spot the resemblance?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 09:22:49 by SpeedyMango »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Better late than never
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 13:06:34 »
hehehe, tis you with the lights on!  Good one.!!  OUrs are still firm and happy and sitting on our back step looking in at the house.  The kids can't stand the thought of me chucking them on the compost heap so they will remain for the time being, altho they have become a haven for slugs...which looks kinda yuck as they are slithering out of the mouths and eyes!

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 15:40:45 »
Oooh EJ, Lauren (my youngest g'daughter) will be very happy when I tell her that you have provided shelter for the slugs and snails - she loves them so!

Hey Speedy M, you must have sat in front of the mirror to carve that one - excellent likeness! ;D
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 15:49:21 »
looks great Speedy, and I can see the likeness!! Like EJ, ours are still outside, going a bit slimey with lots of those little black flies jazzing around,so their end may be nigh!
bet you had fun carving it! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 11:52:15 »
Yes, fun and very messy. We enjoyed the seeds once we'd roasted them as well.

Unfortunately I left the pumpkin at my brother's house after his Halloween party. There's a distinct possibility that it ended up in the bin, rather than being made into soup before it went manky. Boo.

Unfortunately my biggest pumpkin went soggy before I got to carve it, so it wasn't quite as large as I'de hoped. Next year I'm going for a couple of big 'uns as well as some "eaters".

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal