General > The Shed

Central locking problems any ideas

<< < (8/8)

halfofmanic:

--- Quote from: Kea on February 22, 2010, 18:04:08 ---It's only two weeks old so it couldn't be the problem I've had a few times.....needing a new battery in the key fob. Or could it?

--- End quote ---

Hi Kea   we tried the other key   and the key itself doesn't  open the doors    we went onto tin ternet   and found others with same probs     also in the handbook/manual
it says 

"In cold and wet climates door lock and door mechanisms may not work properly due to freezing conditions"  Thanks for the reply though

Pesky Wabbit:

--- Quote from: halfofmanic on February 23, 2010, 16:15:28 ---
 the handbook/manual it says 

"In cold and wet climates door lock and door mechanisms may not work properly due to freezing conditions" 

--- End quote ---

Did they specifically tell you that in the showroom ? If not, DEMAND compensation. This country has cold and wet climates and Freezing conditions  every year !  :( :(

The vehicle you were sold is not 'fit for purpose', and contravenes the Sale Of Goods Act 1979.

GET TOUGH WITH THESE PEOPLE ! >:( >:( >:(

halfofmanic:
Hi below (from a different post i put on) is the info i sent to the dealership
they rang within 10 minutes  when manic talked to him  he seemed surprised that there was any mention in the hand book     we sent by e mail  the letter below  to head office     which motoring   and on here     on the letter below I have mentioned the not fit for use side of it    also if you were unlucky enough to have a serious accident during the lock out how would you get out of the car

It goes in monday to have " special grease put on it"  I really feel a bit sorry for the ground floor workers  who are trying to solve   what the factory should be doing 

we would have got another nissan note  but we recently got a small caravan   and the nissan wouldn't   tow it      thanks for your post

Would have given a higher rating if we had picked the car up in summer  thought it was great when we picked it up  everything the road tests had remarked on where true

until we had the first frost  1 week from new ( feb 3rd 2010 picked up ) 

Drivers door wouldn't open either with central locking or key    it has been the same every time it gets below freezing...

My wife got the car through a disability scheme but luckily I drive the car for her although she can drive as well   you have to climb across from the passenger seat. It takes 1/2 to 1&1/2  hours  to right itself... If I wasn't around my wife couldn't use the car in any cold snap

what about the disabled who are not  lucky enough to have somebody who can climb over the seat  to drive.

also if you have an accident where you were hurt during this lock out how could you get across to the passenger seat if you had a broken arm or leg. Rang the dealer on the first occasion    and was told if you can't wait to book it in  call the R. A.C.  assist  they may be able to sort it out sooner   

yet when you look at the manual that comes with the car it says and I quote

"In cold and wet climates door lock and door mechanisms may not work properly due to freezing conditions"   The Nissan Note always opened with central locking  even when it was minus 8   surly the car is not fit for any country where it may dip below freezing   I think its going to be a long 3 year lease.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version