General > The Shed

Central locking problems any ideas

<< < (6/8) > >>

Hyacinth:
Leaving you lads to talk about your favourite toys, and nothing atorl to do with malfunctioning door-opener wotsits, I'd like to make a contribution ::) Tip to help prevent car locks freezing/sticking is to smear the locks with vaseline. Better than WD40 but without the gorgeous smell. I'm addicted to the smell of WD40, me.

halfofmanic:

--- Quote from: Hyacinth on February 19, 2010, 09:39:41 ---Leaving you lads to talk about your favourite toys, and nothing atorl to do with malfunctioning door-opener wotsits, I'd like to make a contribution ::) Tip to help prevent car locks freezing/sticking is to smear the locks with vaseline. Better than WD40 but without the gorgeous smell. I'm addicted to the smell of WD40, me.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for bringing the topic back Hyacinth  ;D

Hyacinth:
Haven't really tho, have I cos it's nothing to do with central locking etc and I'm reckoning that what you've got wrong ain't gonna be fixed with a dab of vaseline :-\ But it's a good tip anyway, I think.

ACE:
I'll tell what I will do for you all with cheap cars that don't lock properly. I cannot help personally as I don't have these problems because my son is a mechanic and he keeps my fleet serviced and free from problems. Now I know he would normally charge you the going rate to tell you how to fix it. But I haved ask him how to fix it and he says he  will give you 'mates  rates'..................................................................................sorry a nice tune just came around on my ipod. where was I ? Oh yes central locks. Flash up your ignition it should give you a fault code then tell your local dealer he will give you the sequence to put it right. That will be £18.00 each, thankyou.

halfofmanic:

Posted by: ACE
Oh yes central locks. Flash up your ignition it should give you a fault code then tell your local dealer he will give you the sequence to put it right. That will be £18.00 each, thankyou.

Hi ace   thanks a lot   you and your sons mechanical knowledge  know  no bounds

An excellent price   I ran the the  cash through my cash converter do icky  thing    you know how they work   Isle of white pounds  to G.B. pounds   came out at 90p each this inflation is a bu**er

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version