Author Topic: Firefox problem  (Read 1820 times)

ipt8

• Hectare
Firefox problem
« on: February 16, 2010, 20:32:37 »
I have I think Firefox version 3.6. Frequently it seizes when I am trying to open a link on a web page. Have to restart the PC to sort it. Any ideas how to cure it?

greenfists

• Half Acre
Re: Firefox problem
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 22:41:00 »
What link is it?
It could be there's a problem with it specifically.
If you haven't got green fingers then use your fists.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 22:47:37 »
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

ipt8

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 22:21:36 »
It is several different ones at different times. It just happened again just now when I tried to open the gallery on this site. After restarting the PC it worked straight off.

ipt8

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 22:53:45 »
Thanks flighty,
 I reckon I should have searched out that article. I have now bookmarked it. 8)

I seem to have numerous possible issues on my computer. I have emptied the download folder that my system mechanic is obviously not doing, and I have a free firewall (as recomended on an OU course I did ) that has a known conflict with Vista which is the system I am using. So I may change that. There are also several other issues on my system that could apparently cause it. :-\

I think it would be quicker to go to IE which is installed and see if that is any better. I do hate using Microsoft products but I seem to end up going back to them. I dont want to spend my time jiggering about with settings on the computer I have more interesting things to do ::) ::) ::).

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 10:20:11 »
You could try Opera  ??? ??? ???

I have it installed (as with IE and FF, but only use FF regularly) as I use it for testing sites that I look after.
The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal