Author Topic: November colour still growing strong!  (Read 1742 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
November colour still growing strong!
« on: November 12, 2004, 12:30:32 »
Thought I would share the splashes of colour in our little patch, still looking grand on this bright and breezy November day!

No idea on names, both taken as cuttings last autumn from Grandads garden.

Iris given to me by the father-in-law.  Bright yellow flowers in the summer, but these seeds are even better!

Pyracantha I believe.  In the garden when we moved in but terribly overgrown.  Am gradually getting it back into shape.  The birds have stripped the berries off of my neighbours already but seem to be leaving this one alone.

And my streptocarpus (sp???) in my greenhouse.  This has flowered, along with its pink and blue neighbour since very early summer and is still smothered in buds!  Really good value!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re:November colour still growing strong!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 12:36:41 »
Lovely! I particularly love the berries and Iris seeds.

I just adore the sight of berries. On my way to the supermarket the other day I had to stop and stare at a mountain ash for ages because it looked so beautiful - autumnal leaves and those gorgeous berries. When I get my big garden I will get one.
gone to pot :D

Palustris

• Hectare
Re:November colour still growing strong!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 13:14:31 »
Iris is Iris foetidus, a British native, Fuchsia looks like magellanica, the shrub is possibly Hebe, but would have to see a close flower and the back of a leaf for real accuracy. xfranciscana is a possibility.
Gardening is the great leveller.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal