Author Topic: new cars v old  (Read 785 times)

halfofmanic

• Half Acre
new cars v old
« on: February 18, 2010, 16:16:29 »
Hi Telboy     if it does come back central locking probs  just  let us know    You never know  it may not happen again          the car we had before this one  the drivers window decided not to come up like betula s     it would go up and down a little way in jerks    eventually it went up all the way       it was weeks before i used the window while out   i kept trying it out at home   it didn't go wrong again

Do you remember the  OLD DAYS  when the only time the window wouldn't go down  was if the winding handle fell off   

now you have lights coming on for things you don't even know you have got   alarms that sound if your seat belts off at 2 mph   another for the hand brake

when an alarm goes off now we have to go through a pre flight check  to see what the prob is

in closing     checked the manual out for a little information on the radio   7pages of information  :o :o  and I still don't know how to switch it off

what was wrong with the old    "Blue Spot"   switch for on and off  one for m & Long   Volume & Tuning  ??? 

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: new cars v old
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 17:05:47 »
Do you remember the  OLD DAYS  when the only time the window wouldn't go down  was if the winding handle fell off   
Handle?  Aye, that were luxury!  My mini had slide windows - couldn't afford a handle.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

halfofmanic

• Half Acre
Re: new cars v old
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 17:49:29 »
Ex mini man myself    with the big long gear leaver that you had to move all around the front seats to find 3rd gear   and every time you went through a puddle the car would break down you also had to buy a nylon accelerator cable because to originals used to stick   

first car a 6 volt
V.W. beetle    what a car     if I had a plot then I would have put it on the plot and stored the tools in it

you couldn't tell if the lights were on or off   knobs on the metal dash that in an accident would impale your face to them

semaphore indicators  that when they decided to pop up  threw the bulb out  because the sellotape holding it all together  had rotted away

you then had to put the little light for parking on the side window  " wind the window down put the light  ( special fitting ) onto window  and wind up    attach the wiring  to the battery and hope it didn't go flat

where did those simpler days go   ;D ::) :o ;D 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal