Author Topic: Arrived on Google  (Read 5318 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Arrived on Google
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 13:28:18 »
Not google maps, google earth.

Many thanks got it!

There is a point near us where it changes from March 2007 to May 2009 and the colours change quite distinctly.

Luckily I was not peeing in the broadbeans when they took the photo!

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 13:39:52 »
My house in SE London has a picture date of 2003!!   There has been three red cars outside the house for 7 years now!
The plot a couple of miles away is 2006 - seems a bit hit and miss..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 14:28:02 »
Ours was very out of date.  There was a roundabout on the map and when you superimposed it on the satellite image it was in the middle of a field, and the housing development next to it was completely missing.  It has been there for years.

I take back what I said about the date.  My garden shows a white tree and a pink smudge in the front garden and I have found photos of the tree dated 30th May.                                                       

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 14:34:16 »
An interesting diversion is to look at the historical images. Click on the clock on the toolbar at the top of the screen, this brings up a timeline at the top left of the screen.  You can then move the slider back through the previous images of that particular spot.  Useful for seeing previous images where the present one has clouds obscuring the one bit you want to see!  And for seeing how buildings have progressed etc.
The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal