Author Topic: milk teeth  (Read 1780 times)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
milk teeth
« on: February 06, 2010, 19:36:04 »
My grand-daughter, aged 4, discovered yesterday she had a wobbly tooth, and today it fell out!  She has been learning a song at school called "I've got 10 teeth that wobble", and now it's starting to happen!  It seems really early to me- should we be concerned?

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: milk teeth
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 20:15:00 »
I think 5/6 is average so I wouldn't be concerned at 4 unless the tooth is decayed. If you are concerned take her to the dentist?

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:00:59 »
Sounds about right to me. Has she been to the dentist yet? If not, now's the time. The earlier they start going the less scary it is. Maya lost her first tooth in her reception year so I wouldn't worry too much. My girls always write the tooth fairy a letter and I have to reply in tiny writing!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:34:13 »
I have seen all sorts with wiggly teeth starting as young as 3. They were twins and both lost their two top teeth at the same time

both had a double gap for two years before the new ones came along. Perfectly good teeth though.

There is not much can be done if the teeth have 'gone' but a dentist will check to see if anything needs to be attended to. The best one to go to for a check if there is any concern.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal