Author Topic: liquid manure  (Read 6633 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: liquid manure
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 22:12:21 »
Jeannine..you stuff in as much as like...but it needs to go at least sloppy..and when you open the top and you feel you nose hear shrivel ..it's ready...and then you dilute it so much that you barely see it in water... ;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 04:34:12 »
Tellboy, my lottie is part of a heritage park and it isn't allowed as it is invasive .

Nose hair shrivel..that is the test..oh eck.  Come on give me as idea please, getting mature manure through the top hole is bad enough, please tell me I only need to stuff a bit in.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 07:52:31 »
Jeannine..what if you you make a "paste" out of manure first..then pour it in..maybe 1/3 full and top it up with water..I think that would be easier.. ;)

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 15:27:18 »
 ;D I only use the milk containers for leaves, I compost the manure, although I did put the sheep poo into a 5 litre plastic canister, after I'd left it in a bucket of water for a few days it smelt so bad but it was easy to pour it in to the container. I believe mixing a drop of the blue liquid  that you use in chemical lavs (Portaloos) with the mix in the bucket helps it to smell a bit better, but I've not tried that yet  :-\

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 18:06:06 »
If you add disinfectant you get rid of the smell, but you also get rid of the bacteria which are digesting the poo and turning it into fertiliser!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 22:08:02 »
Oh eck, well I will have a go.

I am going to run the manure through my Kenwood blender till it is  the consistency of cream... just kidding..but

We have a national set of charity store here and in the US  Value Village. I could pick up a used blender for about $3  and use that outside.That would seem better than hand mixing..Ok will do that, thank you for the help.

1/3rd sludge, then water, leave for ?? how long, I am really confused about this bit. and then dilute till bareley coloured..right.

Do I need to leave it to ferment if it is aged manure?.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 19:16:27 »
You don't need a blender, old or new. Just dump the manure in water and leave it for a couple of weeks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 19:44:50 »
Ok, thank you, won't bother trying to "make "a sludge then. XX Jeannine

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 19:51:09 »
The sludge forms naturally as the turds break down.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal