Author Topic: Privet advice please?  (Read 3910 times)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
Re: Privet advice please?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 21:03:06 »
Well not exactly a HIPS pack, but when we moved in in '83 we had a welcome pack about the pond, and other less important things like the boiler, with guidance on it's upkeep. If we ever move, highly doubtful now, there would be a garden maintenance pack and an ID of plants we might leave behind ;)

Ninny

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 21:24:57 »
I do think, however, that Robert is right about this. You have no guarantee that new owners would even look at the info you leave them. And if they are not gardeners they probably won't.

One of my former homes had a fabulous south-facing garden basking in sun until the folk over the fence at the back moved and the new owners let their leylandii hedge grow "for privacy". When it reached 24 feet  :o :o :o and my garden (and the rear of the house) was in darkness we visited them and they agreed to have it cut back. ... by a mere 2 feet. I was so glad when we moved.

I know that now there are laws to prevent this kind of thing happening but even so you have to be willing to fight the fight.

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 21:44:07 »
Oh Grawrc totally agree with your post.  My reply to Robert was just to say that you can control leylandii, if you want to.  They are only thugs in the hands of those who don't know how to control them.

Ninny

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal