Author Topic: Fisher Price toy from 20 years ago  (Read 1747 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Fisher Price toy from 20 years ago
« on: January 24, 2010, 20:41:12 »
This is a long shot but I'm hoping someone can help.  Twenty years ago someone bought my daughter a lovely toy which she played with for ages.  It's by Fisher Price and it looks like a little house.  It has a carry handle; front door which opens; a bell; a roof that opens to reveal a bedroom; a spinning window; a sliding butterfly; a garage with a car; and a chimney which you drop the people into and they go down a slide.  And that's the problem.  Somehow all the people have been mislaid so I can't pass it onto the grandchildren.  So what I need to know is can anyone remember this toy and if so, what was it called?  Then I can go about seeing if I can replacement 'people'.

Many thanks in advance

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Sholls

• Acre
Re: Fisher Price toy from 20 years ago
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 21:02:15 »
Hi, Georgie.  Is this the one? (2nd pic).

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 21:06:57 »
Yes, that's it.  How clever of you.  Many thanks.  :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 21:58:46 »
So now I know it was called a 'discovery cottage' and the figures are called 'jumbo little people'.  I don't suppose anyone has any unwanted ones lurking at the bottom of a toy box do they?  I'd be happy to pay P&P and throw in some seeds for your trouble.  :)

G x

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:31:58 »
We had one of those.Got it secondhand and it provided years of fun for my three. Have a feeling it may be in my attic cos I couldn't bear to part with it. If I remember rightly, our dog chewed some pieces and I contacted Fisher Price direct and got new ones. But that was probably 15 years ago!

Good luck getting them, Georgie!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 08:38:32 »
Just re-readingyour post and the linkfrom Scholls-the peopleyou want are Little people,not jumbo little people (click on the link to see the jumbo ones)- we had one of those little boats too and the people in that definitely wouldn't fit doen the chimney!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 15:11:53 »
Thanks Caroline.  :)

G x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 21:18:25 »
Someone here kindly sent me a link to an ebay auction.  Had to get the daughter to check it out (as I know nothing about ebay) but we missed out by a mere 20p :(  So still looking.

G x

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 21:38:12 »
Gosh I had completely forgotten about that little house, we had one too Georgie, but I think it has long gone, it gave our three lots of happy hours and had come from a friend's family before that, those were the days....  good luck with trying to find the people.  Brio came up trumps with a part for us once, bless them.  :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 21:46:53 »
Hi Tulipa

It's such a lovely toy,  I can't understand why it was discontinued.   ::)  I've emailed the company but I don't hold out much hope and I'm also trying on Freegle.  Brio is another timeless, excellent toy, which is much loved here.  I'm sure there are some good, modern toys but I'm struggling to think of them right now.  I can still play with Lego quite happily for hours.   ;)  ;D

G x

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 07:59:10 »
Hi Georgie,

I love Lego, it is so therapeutic!  I keep a pot of K'nex handy, my lot find it very relaxing - youngest is 15! :-[

T.x

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 09:55:47 »
Lego is still a big hit in this house. Keeps OH occupied for hours. Brio is lovely-those little magnetic trains. Gorgeous.
Do you remember the Fisher Price teapot? I loved mine so much! I also had a boot that I think was a school. It came with a swing and slide and was the best thing ever!
I loathe the new v-tech toys.  :(
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 10:44:55 »
Lego is just about the only thing we kept when our three boys left home.  In 2008 we had three boys staying with us from the "African Children's Choir" (if they do a concert anywhere nearby, I'd recommend going along- they're amazing).  These boys just LOVED our lego- it was all over the living room, and my hubbie had a great time too!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal