Author Topic: Cuisinart Professional ice cream maker  (Read 1522 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Cuisinart Professional ice cream maker
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:42:22 »
 Does anyone have one of these. I bought one fromm Amazon and was dissaponted when it arrived, it didn't seem as sturdy as Iexpected and the icecream takes longer to make than I expected.

Before I return it I would really appreciate any info

This is the one with the refrigeration unit in it.

XX Jeannine

Might need some ice cream recipes abut I will start another topic
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: Cuisinart Professional ice cream maker
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 11:08:24 »
Hi Jeannine-my ice cream maker was a cuisinart but I don't know if it's the same one. I was very disappointed with mine and returned it. I haven't replaced it-if you find a goodie let me know...potential thread alert!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:26:40 »
I don't have one of those but instead the Philips ice cream maker - the one with the discs that are pre-frozen.  I bought a spare disc as well - these take up less space than having to freeze the inner bowl.  Had my first ice cream adventure last summer, using up the soft fruit.  I found it took about 30-40 mins to churn and each bowl made enough for dessert for 4 plus left over to fill a sandwich sized tupperware container for the freezer.

Very happy with it.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:20:59 »
The build quality of the Cuisinart Pro is awful, the price they are charging you would expect something that doesn't fall apart after a few uses & runs fairly quietly unfortunately thats what you seem to get.
The Gaggia Gelateria is a much better machine the capacity is much smaller (approx 600g) but you can buy a kit with extra bowls & paddles so you can make continuous batches if needed. It is a more expensive machine but you can buy them reconditioned direct from Gaggia saving you £120. The recipes provided are a little sweet for me but they can easily be tweaked. Ice cream is ready in about 30 minutes & turns out perfect every time.

If you want an idea what it can do then the instruction book is available here (4.7mb file).
http://www.gaggia.com/dam/bo/allegati/files/93_gelatiera_new_dm1075-007_rev03_istr.pdf

This is the link to buy them reconditioned although it is only for UK sales you would have to contact them to see if reconditioned machines are available in Canada.
http://www.gaggia.uk.com/reconditionedindex.htm

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:49:25 »
Thank you all so much. It was the Gaggia I wanted but could not find it over here so settled for what I thought was the same.

In the past I have had several other types but all had to have some means of freezing other than the machine. I thought with this having the fridge bit built it it would be just the job.

I haven't used it because I was surprised to read that after you make the instructions suggest that you freeze it for a further two hours if you want firm icecream and it takes 45-60  minutes to run.This is not what I was expecting at all. Also it seems flimsy,heavy but the lid etc is quite thin and I think it might break easily.

I think after paying such a lot and it looking iffy I should return it and search a bit harder for the Gaggia.

Thank you all.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 07:02:27 »
Jeannine here's  the contacts for gaggia-canada.ca in Vancouver
http://www.gaggia-canada.ca/contacts.aspx?LNG=En

I had a quick look at their website but there only seem to be coffee machines. Anyway they should be able to tell you if what you want is available in Canada. Good luck!
Anne

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 09:21:10 »
I tried them a few weeks ago but they only do the coffee machines here in Canada, thank you anyway.

XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal