Author Topic: Posting seeds overseas?  (Read 24413 times)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Posting seeds overseas?
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 13:51:56 »

Except it's not always - e.g.seed  potatoes

yes, but 'seed potatoes' are NOT SEED ;)  so your point is?

Thank you so much Tony! Did you really think I didn't know that? :P ;D ;D

And my point was .....
If you look at my post that you quote you will see that I quote from Asbean who has moved apple trees, basil plants and hydrangeas between Italy and the UK. My response was simply underlining the fact that while most plants and seeds can now legitimately be moved from one EU country to another, there are exceptions to this. The example I gave was seed potatoes.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 15:40:56 »
I was working on a research project in Scotland on a disease similar to one that affected the willow used for cricket bats. We were unable to see if our biological control worked on the willow disease because we couldn't bring the plant into Scotland from England.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 17:55:07 »
Was that a restriction on moving diseased material? Did you try sending some of the biological control south?

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 13:15:29 »
I get my seeds from Alan Romans as as they are miles cheaper than here in France, where 2-3 euros is often the price (and up to 5 euros for a box of beans or peas!)!!! I got all my seeds for the year posted direct to me for 16 pounds!! Including beans and peas! They arrived safe and sound, this is the 2nd year running.
But nothing "alive" (no onion sets or spuds).
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal