Author Topic: Anyone about facebook  (Read 9208 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: Anyone about facebook
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 14:18:53 »
Just had my first weird FB moment. A friend of mine sent me a message regarding silly and rude chocolate related status updates. So I sent her-"hehehe you are such a bad girl...".
Looked up a sec later and had a message-thought it was probably her so had a look and found from a total stranger a message that read: "and just who the f*** are you?"
So I clicked on her name and saw on her profile that we had the friend in common. The message must have been a group message and I had replied to all.
So I sent her a rather snippy message saying that we had a friend in common and what had happened and thanked her for being so rude and aggressive.  :)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 14:24:19 »
Yes you have to be careful of this kind of thing.

I only ever allow family and close friends  as friends on facebook but you do get these little bits leak through. :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 17:59:30 »
how do you turn down requests for eggs, teddys, hearts, etc, without hurting someone's feelings/  :-\

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2010, 18:11:50 »
Just block the application or ignore em ..........LOL  ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 18:17:30 »
how do you turn down requests for eggs, teddys, hearts, etc, without hurting someone's feelings/  :-\

If you hold your mouse over the "news" about your mate cooking too much lasagne in his cafe  ::) , "Hide" will appear over on the right. Click on this & you can choose whether to ignore the app or your mate.

I had to "ignore" an online friend of mine from across the pond who is very funny but posts 3 or 4 chunky things a day - making me miss other stuff!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 18:31:42 by OllieC »

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 18:28:01 »
thanks, both of you..these are new cousins discovered by my brother..may try the ignore the app  :)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 20:57:59 »
anyone over 55 gone for the freebies?
Yes has anyone over 55 gone for the freebies and if they give things away what do they want in return
DD is very into farnville ect cannot see how it works and don,t like games anyway
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 21:11:18 »
anyone over 55 gone for the freebies?
Yes has anyone over 55 gone for the freebies and if they give things away what do they want in return
DD is very into farnville ect cannot see how it works and don,t like games anyway
marg

I'm sure you know it's just cynical marketing - the ads just shove your age group in there - I get ads for "freebies exclusively for 34 year olds" and ones for "30-40"... Like there are companies out there who say "we only want customers 34 years old, not 35 and not 33, but 34 is perfect.

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 22:30:32 »
I like counry life and have a cracking little garden, may have to tyry farmville too - oh do the cafe too -

My name is Lushy and I'm a faceaholic!  ;D

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2010, 22:30:44 »
Asbean's got me hooked on Jungle Jewels!!!  :-\ :-X ;D

carosanto

• Half Acre
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2010, 22:38:37 »
Hi Y'all

Knowwot u mean about addiction, aside from gardening and .....well we won't talk about anything else!!  Swobs is my peferred poison to kill off a cold snowy afternoon,followed closely by Cube Crash and Scratbble, well now you're alking. I have 14 games going at present on Scrabble, keeps the ole brain cell busy!

Making the most of 'em now cos I am forsaking the computer soon for the great outdoors, except for A4U.  Mark you if anyone fancies a game of scrabble!!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got!

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2010, 00:44:37 »
Don't really play the games 'cept maybe Uno evry now and again. I use it to keep in touch with far off friends since we moved from the south to the midlands and I love it for that. I love joining crazy groups. My current and so far all time fav is "An arbitrary number of people demand some sort of action be taken". If you know FB you'll know why I love it!!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 12:11:21 »
Anyone need Farmville contacts? pm me  :P
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal