Author Topic: Here he is  (Read 7190 times)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Here he is
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 23:24:23 »
I like the name chomsky too. :)
Thanks Den! It has a satisfying ring to it I think?

I chuckled when I read "Blue Meanie" (maybe it's an Edinburgh thing...  ??? ), so that option gets my vote. I like the irony; in my experience very few none of them are cute 'n' fluffy.  :D

For those not in the know, "blue meanies" is the affectionate patronymic hereabouts for the traffic wardens!

As to cats ... soft, cute, fluffy .............. and demonic in my experience! ;D

JustJan

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 00:06:21 »
Torridonian Island Magic....def,  Tim for short, or Timmy, beautiful kitty... :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 00:44:43 »
Thanks Jan and welcome to A4A.

As one who grew up with "The Famous Five" I'm afraid Timmy just won't do. He's a dog! ;D ;D

Anyway thanks for your suggestions. I'm sure I'll change my mind 100 times before the kitten comes home.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 06:07:15 »
And Betty ... shhhhh ... she's quietly chewing on her Xmas bone by my side and has no clue what's about to hit her! ;)

I love cats and we always had them when I was a child, but not since. I have two Border Terriers who would not be impressed if I introduced a cat into the house.  I'm just wondering how you are going to do it, or maybe your dog is already cat-friendly?

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 07:33:40 »
How gorgeous!  I don't think my two would take to another now, so will have to share yours via lots of photos please

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 08:34:18 »

I love cats and we always had them when I was a child, but not since. I have two Border Terriers who would not be impressed if I introduced a cat into the house.  I'm just wondering how you are going to do it, or maybe your dog is already cat-friendly?

To be honest I don't quite know. The trick will be to ensure that she gives the kitten some breathing room!! At least until he  finds his feet.

I'm not overplanning things as I usually do since when things don't go to plan I have a minor panic! Better to go with the flow!

The breeder suggested we could train the kitten to a harness and let them go for walks together! Sounds like a good bonding strategy.

The last time I did this was with a golden retriever and a ginger tom kitten. After the dog - who was absurdly keen to make friends - had had his nose slapped a few times (by the cat I hasten to add) they settled down happily together although we had to keep separating them initially since the cat thought the dog was his new mummy and tried to feed.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 09:19:29 »
I love the idea of Chomsky! Very individual for such a handsome chappie!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 18:13:24 »
What a lovely kitten Grawrc.  He will keep you busy with all the grooming he requires to keep his coat from having knots.   ;D

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 18:37:21 »
Aww what a beautiful kitty! Am getting all maternal seeing those photos... funny how babies never have the same effect on me  ;)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 21:33:04 »
Chomsky is the perfect (purrfect) name! It's so him and so you! For his posh name I like Blue Meanie.  :)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 23:00:02 »
Well Chomsky it is, Blue Meanie it is and he arrives on Sunday!!!!!! I'm so scared..... :o :o :o but also excited and enthusiastic!

Oh forgot to add : I bought him a suede and fleecy bed from Pets at Home (half price in the sale). Put it on the floor yesterday and Suzy (my cocker) has abandoned her own bed (and mine) and just uses the kitten's now. ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFI0rFFp8j8
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 23:12:23 by grawrc »

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 23:02:13 »
Woohoo! So exciting. I would be nervous too. I don't think Biccy would like us getting another cat but I'd love a kitten again!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal