Author Topic: VANDALISM---and not kids.  (Read 20466 times)

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
Re: VANDALISM---and not kids.
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 22:08:17 »
Welcome to the forum Moment.

I'd report every incident to the police and the council not the on site rep.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 15:35:21 »
I also live in Plymouth. I did look up information about the allotments here, theres a waiting list of 1600  :o I think ill do our garden first before being more adventurous.

Im sorry to hear of the trouble your having.

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/homepage/leisureandtourism/parksgardensandopenspaces/allotments/allotmentfaq.htm

It is the page for the Plymouth council allotments, they do give a police number to ring for vandalism, etc and I think you might be able to swap allotments (If the person is really getting to you)

Wishing you well.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

flower

• Half Acre
  • loves music almost as much as plants
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 00:51:33 »
lewic naughty lol but oh so fun  for those that might like to steal lol ;D
i am an angel really honest  wink wink

greenfists

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 11:36:14 »
Im a Policeman (pauses for boos and hisses).
In my role at the moment I am a Neighbourhood beat officer.
I always make a big show of visiting the scene/victim of this sort of thing.
I find a mystery box and loud conversations with phrases like "Ok that's sorted now. We should get some good images" and "We take this sort of thing very seriously and I'll be looking to make arrests." often gets the gossip sweeping around.
As for weed killer. If it was used on cultivated crops that's an offence of Criminal damage simple as that.
If he is causing you ANY grief he could well be committing an offence of harassment. In my force we issue a formal warning letter and then arrest on the 2nd occasion.
But I would imagine that he is almost certainly breaching the terms of his agreement to rent the allotment. This is going to be the easiest and most effective way of dealing with it.
Remember that everyone has a boss even the manager. I find that asking for their name and contact number often causes a change of attitude.

If you haven't got green fingers then use your fists.

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 12:20:40 »
I agree, everyone does have a boss even the manager! Report it to the manager, tell her you are going to report it to the police and the council and you want a report on what action has been taken. Good luck, please keep us informed and all the best.  :D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 12:51:22 »
Im a Policeman (pauses for boos and hisses).

Not from me greenfists. Huge respect for our boys and girls in blue.  ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

greenfists

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 20:53:24 »
Thanks for that.  :)

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 20:28:41 »
No prob Bob. I find people have a real attitude about the police...until they need them that is.  ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 21:47:32 »
Wish you were my neighbourhood beat officer.  Mine doesn't know how to listen.
The Tuscan Beaneater

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 22:10:38 »
I am another one who says to report it, each and every time..also keep a log of any comments, conversations , incidents etc with anyone who is intimidating you, DO NOT give in to them, that will only add to their fuel for the next time they want to bully somebody, and remember bullies are almost always cowards, you can use that to your advantage.

Find out the name of the person who is in charge of lotties for your council, make contact with him directly, let the manager get lost!! Also if you are disabled and have any connection with an organisation of any kind that helps the disabled contact them too,they are there to help you with all sorts of problems, this would be right up their street. Make an appointment with the council person and request that a spokesman from the organisation goes along with you for support. Believe me, the council will not ignore a situation were someone disabled is being ill treated.

Actually even telling the site manager what I suggest might be enough for it to stop..use the phrase " I  have been advised".. or  " having taken advice on the matter I intend to"............. remember  as was said earlier ,bullies are cowards

Be brave.. and don't give in..

Good luck

XX Jeannine

PS.. for the sweetie police officer... don't let them bully you either, bless your heart XX
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 22:13:55 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Cabbage Patch

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 22:46:10 »
Support the police approach, we used to have sporadic problems but the police were really helpful and the issue has now disappeared!

Good Luck

greenfists

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 12:07:19 »
Maybe I should become the virtual neighbourhood officer for the forum, a PC PC so to speak.
I feel some police puns coming on..............
A hole has appeared in my lottie. The police are looking into it.
The lottie toilet has been stolen. The police say they have nothing to go on. etc etc etc.

Seriously if I can help anyone let me know.

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 13:04:13 »
and people say coppers have no sense of humour.... ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 16:01:38 »
Where do you live Greenfists
999 letsbe avenue.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 16:23:50 »
A thousand dogs were stolen from the petshop yesterday - the ploice say they have no leads....

or

A local man was found murdered in his home over the weekend. Detectives at the scene found the man face down in his bathtub. The tub had been filled with milk and cornflakes, and the deceased had a banana protruding from his buttocks... Police suspect a cereal killer.

;D ;D ;D

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 17:38:40 »
Now look what you've gone and started greenfists !!  ;D  ::)  :P

On a serious note what Jeannine says about contacting a local organisation that represents disabled people is a great idea, and if the local police were contacted then a bit up joined up working could be done!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 10:45:43 »
Wow our very own Mr Plod, now how lucky can we get.  Careful constable..you could get very busy  here
XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 11:13:10 »
Our police were terrific when some boys started putting up tents on our plot and wouldn't go away when we asked them to. They had caused trouble the previous year with drugs and burning stuff, and this year they kicked some of our crops about. I walked round to the police station, and a big burly officer got back to them before I did. Off they went and haven't been back, and the council has now put fences and gates all round the plot.

Always worth reporting. At the very least, they have to record it, and when things have built up over time, they do something about it.

camo_lady

• Quarter Acre
  • Whitwick/Thringstone, Leics
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 19:34:26 »
hi. How's things now?

We/I also have a problem with, shall we say, 'atitude'.
The first one was when our neighbours tried nicking 3-5 foot strip all the way Up our plot and installing their fence over our dig line... Then confronting a 'why a disabled person wanted such a big site... {er, what's it got to do with you? And get off our plot!}
That was rectified by a big ex-army chappy with tattoos and buzz-cut coming and helping for a few days {before he moved here permanently} when the other allotment  holders were about.

So I recommend getting a 'dangerous looking' chap to come and help you a few times... And let it drop in conversation that he's recently on leave from war or prison officer duties, etc.

Or make friends with your local Royal British Legion biker group!
JP
RBL. ShieldandSword
Kill nothing, save it be helpful in death, or harmful in life! (Scartanore)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal