Author Topic: VANDALISM---and not kids.  (Read 20476 times)

moment

• Not So New ...
VANDALISM---and not kids.
« on: January 02, 2010, 14:59:57 »
i am suffering vandalism from another allotment member- due to being new and having a disagreement with this member when i moved in.i am disabled and every job is a big struggle, usually racked in pain but i do it because i was practically housebound before.
i could just about deal  :'(with things being stolen, but the latest damage to my little shed is just about the last straw-with everything inside being soaked again.i know its not kids because i am the only one under attack.its a waste of time going to the allotments manager- she and this person are great pals. do i give up and go away quietly, or is there something `real` i can do? can anyone help me please?

ACE

• Hectare
Re: VANDALISM---and not kids.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 16:09:32 »
Go to the police. They will not be able to catch them. But it will make them think twice about it. Don't be bullied, tell the police if you feel threatened. Bullies are cowards and  they will soon stop if they feel intimidated by your actions.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 16:29:24 »
Welcome moment.

Don't give in.  Talk to the manager but dont point the finger - just tell her that your stuff is being damaged/stolen and that you plan to go to the police if nothing is done.  I'm sure the message will get through.  Maybe tell her that the local rag may be interested in the story as well.

Is it council run or private? Talk to the council or land owner.
Check the rules/regs for anything concerning dispute management and use it.
How are the rest of the plotholders?  Get onside with some of them and talk to them..
Let us know how you get on..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 16:38:08 »
dont give up just because of some idiot, the lottie can be a great escape from the mundane and be very therapeutic ., totally agree with ace go to the police so that even if cant do anything they are aware what has happened should anthing else occur, But most of all dont let the *fatherless children* grind you down >:(
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 16:46:22 »
Let these people know you have reported it to the police.

Last year my mum was quite clever,a group of kids started hanging about,a car would come sometimes and we think drugs exchanged hands.They were a pest.My mother went to the grandmother of one of the kids and casually said she knew that the police had put a camera up and the close was under observation.She said she should not really know about it but she had been told in confidence and please not to let anyone else know.All big fibs.Sure enough,kids grandmother must have told the kid because they all went away as if by magic. :)

Start fibbin   ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 19:29:55 »
Nice Betula! I ran a pub before the babies and I had a theft problem there. My area manager came in for a meeting about it and although the crux of the meeting was - you sort it out or else, the staff were told that head office had authorised cctv which was being installed next week. Problem solved.  ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 23:06:51 »
Our rules and regs clearly state that bullying and intimidation is not tolerated by any plotholder against another.  If proved it results in instant eviction.  I would think the hardest part would be proving it. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

flower

• Half Acre
  • loves music almost as much as plants
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 23:14:54 »
I  would agree there lottie rules do and should cover that but id take pics and notes try get friends to corroborate things but if non of that appeals put your faith in the police
 do not let a bully push you out
i am an angel really honest  wink wink

moment

• Not So New ...
Re: VANDALISM---and not kids.-THANK YOU ALL
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 07:30:40 »
you all brought me a smile in what you had to say, and i have decided to take photos, fib,(but really rubbish at that!)-and call the police in. then i will plant some more onions-in the hope this idiot doesnt start touching crops again -although he has used weed killer on my plot before-on his own admittance-but following it up by saying he was killing weeds!
thank you so much to you all i`m really glad to be a member on here -and really appreciative of all your kind advice- and laughs!thank you all.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 11:32:31 »
Spraying weedkiller on your plot without your permission is enough to get him throw off any allotment site. Also against the law if I remember right. Somebody on here that has more up to date regs. on herbicides than the ones I can recall should put you right.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 12:05:33 »
Welcome to A4A Moment  :)
And as others have said don't let the bullies win!
Good luck

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 12:09:28 »
Spraying weedkiller on your plot without your permission is enough to get him throw off any allotment site.

If he has admitted this then he should be thrown off. Disgraceful! Don't give in!

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 14:57:44 »
Hi Moment, Hi all  :)

I`ve recently reported vandalism (breaking locks off my sheds) twice in a few weeks to the police and found they have taken the reports very seriously. If these crimes aren`t reported then they can`t help. I`d recommend that you report intimidation and vandalism to the police.

Best of luck, Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 15:30:21 »
Hiya, moment, not a nice situation  :-\
on the up side, where do you live, we'll all come around and sort it out, I've got a big stick, well, 2 actually  ;D

phlips66

• Half Acre
  • st-albans herts
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 16:34:56 »
hi moment
     dont let this no hope bully drive you off your allotment.my friend took an overgrown plot next to mine we found the woman in the house backing on to the plot had cut the fencing and had acess to the plots.
 the site rep siad to block it up as she is not a plot holder so has no need to be coming in.
 this did leave the woman a little bit angry,as she liked making regular visits(iwonder why).
 after talking to the concil and them writting her a letter,she seems to have vanished.
        dont let thm win
      good luck on your plot

moment

• Not So New ...
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 14:56:40 »
ha! ha! you really do all make me laugh i feel good again!the big stick might be useful manic! i live in plymouth!
to the rest of you and just for the record the `offender` is an ex- CPO in the navy-i think he finds it difficult to get out of the habit of telling young sailors what to do all day?!
the allotments are council owned and when this chappy sprayed my plot i did report it to the manager-who also ¬ganged` up against me and my daughter-and we were made to feel like ``the new troublemakers``-so cant really complain either.i have told the fibs about the police having put up a camera-although i`m really rubbish when it comes to fibbing-and so not sure if i was convincing enough?!am hoping to  get some reopairs on my shed done this week after the forecast snow for down here in plymouth- so watch this space everyone!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 15:03:15 »
Good luck   ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 15:13:39 »
Good to see you back Moment though sorry about the problems you're having. Hope your health is on the mend.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 17:11:28 »
Brew some magic mushroom and senna wine and leave a few bottles in the shed. It wont undo the damage but you can have a little snigger...

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 23:55:13 »
 Take Aces advice & tell the police if it happens again.
Please do not let them bully you. Good luck to you keep us informed OK. ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal