Author Topic: Greedy Tescos  (Read 24069 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: Greedy Tescos
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 19:14:47 »
Powerspade-don't be put off by the k***heads. report the abusive messages to the mod if they are a pm or, as has been said by other posters forward them to dan's email. I used this site for a solid year when I got my first plot and there was never a problem...ever! Trolls have found their way into the land of gardens (maybe we should have all kept our gnomes!) but don't let them deter you. Get them reported and get them banned.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2010, 19:15:42 »
who were they? name and shame, I say!!

Yep, I agree.  ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2010, 19:16:23 »
 I also say name and shame.. take care ../shades x
grow your own way

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2010, 19:22:38 »
Whats happening here then? Tesco power machine? Like Tony says name and shame lets take a look.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2010, 23:39:03 »
Grrrr, I just typed out a long response and lost it through a time out!  >:(

Powerspade, I did PM you earlier today, I hope that you received it.  I'm glad to see you have decided to sign back in and hopefully you will continue to do so.  I am also glad to see that you have decided not to 'name and shame' and it's probably for the best if it stays that way.

For any communications you deem as unpleasant or abusive, please do not hesitate to use the report button.  Whilst Ceres and I can (and will) definitely contact anyone responsible for any abusive contact, unfortunately that will be as much as we can do so I would also suggest you contact Dan via his email, as BM suggested previously in this thread so he can deal with the situation as he sees fit but please do so as your enjoyment on here should not be spoilt :)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2010, 09:19:31 »
SamLoise, why are you glad that powerspade hasn't 'named and shamed' ?
shouldn't we, the board members be told who is sending abusive mails?
or is it ok for everyone to do it??

a little clarity would be appreciated, please.

rgds, Tony
You couldn't make it up!

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 09:49:44 »
The number of abusive emails I have had of you lot leaves me with disgust.
Come on powerspade, put up or shut up.  Your e-mail isn't published, so how can anyone have sent you an e-mail.  Were you just upset by the responses posted in this thread?  You posted angry invective in a public discussion forum and it generated a range of opinion, none hostile to you personally.  Now why not pick your toys up and come and play nicely.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 10:06:28 »
unwahed you are one of them

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2010, 11:15:01 »

Your email is private so if you are getting abused via email then it will have nothing to do with members here unless you gave them your addresss. If you have had an abusive PM then report it.  If you are complaining about unwashed's comments on this thread concerning religion then grow a thicker skin.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2010, 11:45:02 »

rgds, Tony

Because the situation in question is between Powerspade, the people responsible for sending unwarranted PMs/emails and I'd say Dan (as he's the only one who can do anything about it at the end of the day)

I'm not sure how you feel it would benefit YOU or other members to have another row/witch hunt start about something that has nothing to do with them?

And Unwashed, I'm not sure there was any need to be quite so abrupt in your response :)

I've given all the advice I can give and I hope that Powerspade acts upon it :)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2010, 11:52:02 »

rgds, Tony

Because the situation in question is between Powerspade, the people responsible for sending unwarranted PMs/emails and I'd say Dan (as he's the only one who can do anything about it at the end of the day)

I'm not sure how you feel it would benefit YOU or other members to have another row/witch hunt start about something that has nothing to do with them?

And Unwashed, I'm not sure there was any need to be quite so abrupt in your response :)

I've given all the advice I can give and I hope that Powerspade acts upon it :)

thanks for the response, SamLouise, that makes the whole situation a lot clearer. No we don't want or need another row / witch-hunt on here.
regards, Tony
You couldn't make it up!

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 14:18:06 »
I assume this is directed at me.

I have not sent powerspade any e-mail or private message whatsoever.  The whole of my contribution to this debate is contained in my posts to this thread.  Powerspade, would you care to clarify?

SamLouise, powerspade accused unspecified members of sending "a number of abusive e-mails", and as I was one of the members to have taken issue with the original post it would be a reasonable inference that were this to be true, some of those e-mails had been sent by me.  Powerspade has subsequently specifically accused me of sending e-mails.  I wouldn't want members here, or indeed people who visit this site and know me in real life, to think that I would abuse anyone in this manner.  I suggest that the accusation is false and that powerspade owes us all an explanation.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 14:19:50 by Unwashed »
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 20:41:34 »
Might i just had that Tescos are a bunch of Tw**s. 

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2010, 20:13:22 »
Actually greed wasn't invented by the church. It goes back to the days when the overwhelming number of people were poor, and suffered from regular famines. When rich people stuffed themselves while the many went hungry, this was rightly seen as something terrible. The church inherited this attitude, and declared it to be one of the worst of sins. The issue of the church's wealth came along much later in its history, and I agree it hasn't been handled properly. But like I say, don't judge religions by the worst you can find. It's not all bad.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2010, 23:05:57 »
No, greed wasn't invented by the church, it's just a behaviour.  But sin, that's a disease invented by the church, and greed is marketed as one of the big-seven.  Of course, the church controls the medicine, and it's made itself rich and powerful selling it.

So the concept of greed being a dirty thing is a Christian idea, so to accuse Tesco of greed is to judge a secular organisation against a Christian value.  Yes, of course Tesco is greedy.  All for-profit organisations are greedy by definition.  It's what greedy is - the persuit of profit.  It's only a problem because the church has loaded the word.  It's a circular argument.

And again, it's a very tricky accusation for a Christian to make, because the church itself does so very poorly when it's measured against pretty much any of its religious values - though hats off, it is a remarkably effective business.

I'm not necessarily saying the Christian church is an unhealthy organisation, I'm saying it ought to keep its nose out of secular affairs.

And I'm not necessarily saying that being a Christian makes you a bad person, but my experience is that it doesn't necessarily make you a good person.

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2010, 06:52:48 »
eeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr.............how did we, as a collection of responsible, mature, level-headed people manage to go from a debate regarding the ethics (or lack thereof) of supermarkets to slagging off religion and other people's religious beliefs????

For a gardening community we should all be ashamed of ourselves.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:48 »
I disagree Carrot-cruncher.  For a start it's the middle of winter and there is not much growing to be done so we all tend to talk about everything and anything.  Also the original post kicked it all off by refering to religious affairs and lastly I don't think anyone is slagging anything off - It seems a fairly moderate exchange of views and if we as adults cannot do that about religion given the power that it wields then we should be ashamed of ourselves.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2010, 08:34:24 »
What I don't understand is why people shop at Tesco's if they dislike it so much   ;D

I think they should have a place to pray at the entrance,they have everything else  ::)

I agree it is ridiculous to bring the church into a debate like this........Robert,I would not bother responding to Unwashed as that is what he wants you to do    ::) ::) ::)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2010, 08:46:54 »
I would not bother responding to Unwashed as that is what he wants you to do    ::) ::) ::)

Surely Betula that is the entire point of internet forums - of course he (and I and you when we post) want people to respond.  If we didn't I'm not sure why anyone would post anything ever.   ;)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2010, 09:15:02 »
True I suppose but in this case I suspect just after a row  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal