Author Topic: wind turbine  (Read 6724 times)

jethro

Re: wind turbine
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2003, 18:08:46 »
Hi Alishka, wellllllll the turbine was fixed to the roof naturately with bolts, it was running great ;D ;D ;D turned on the light and WHOOPEE it worked ;D unfortunately the wind got up to gale force 9 ( only a breeze up here) the wind turbine was going like a train, next thing i knew there was a hole in the roof where the turbine was 2 minutes ago ??? :P :o. The turbine was in the next lottie :P with Shaun ( 68 year old Hells Angel) doing his nut as it just missed him by inches :-[ :-/ sorry says I, %&£$%^ says he, and threw it back, so as i have already said
1: fix hole in roof, ;D
2 fix turbine, ;D
3 fix turbine to roof so it doesn't hit Shaun  ;D nd
4 fix Shaun with hammer :o :P
Only joking about 4, he's too big to argue with  :( will let you know what happens next, please god let it be just fine and dandy ;D.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

jethro

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2003, 18:40:57 »
Sorry the BOSS came in and had to shut the computer down :o the turbine is a 'savonius' type ( little one) it spins like a top, can you imagine what would have happened if i built the BIG one with blades on :P, i would have been fixing it to the roof, look down and see myself flying over the isle of man :o. Well at least it would have solved the problem of 'Big Shaun'.

If anyone wants copies of the plans get in touch, and i will send them to you ;D, but make sure you don't put it up in windy weather :P :o :P (trust me i'm a doctor i know).

Emma have you tried 'arcamedes screw' is that spelt right? if you use that you don't need a turbine (i think).

Alishka who is Heath Robinson ??? you must realise i'm a daft geordie and only know Stephenson, him who invented the 'Rocket'

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:10 by -1 »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2003, 18:56:47 »
;D :D ;D I can't stop laughing  ;D :D ;D  Oh Jethro, that is so funny!  I can just imagine!  LOL!!!  I would love plans of your turbine.  The old man has to build one so that I can enjoy the entertainment watching him take off into the trees! hehehehehehe.  And I have no idea how big my greenhouse is....smallish.....regular kinda greenhouse really - not bloody big enough if the truth be known!  hehehehe....I can't stop chuckling...hehehehe   ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/tRe: wind turbine
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2003, 21:07:27 »
Jethro, check out the link to Heath Robinson...might he be a relative of yours?
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/story.jsp?story=452399

Cheers, Lishka

jethro

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2003, 18:42:34 »
High Emma ;) got the plans, where do i send them ??? as my courier pigeon has just got back from Scotland and is absolutely knackered :-/. Will start round 2 on Saturday (allowing for wind speed) as i've fixed the roof with 1" thick floor boards, if it blows off this time wait for the scream, no doubt you will hear it all around the country. If it sticks i might start off a new tour company :-/ " sheds r us", fly anywhere in the world as long as it's with the wind :P ??? :o. So keep watching as i will post the result next week.

jethro

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2003, 16:41:07 »
Hi Alishka ;D Heath Robinson eh, what a bloke, unfortunately he is not related :( just my luck, imagine having him as a dad the lottie would run itself with all the inventions :-/ . As you know i'm repairing the wind turby thingy on Saturday, on Sunday i'm starting the solar wotchamacallit, (waste of time really as the sun has gone into hibernation) but will try anyway just for the h*ll of it. If it works it will be a miracle as it's built out of junk from various skips in the area ;).

Emma, if your old man builds it to my specs he will clear the trees and land in France. Vive le France as they say in Paris. The plans i've got are for a 5 watt, 120 watt and 300 watt. The one i've built is a 5 watt, imagine if i built the 300 watt WHAT!!!!!, standing here with curly hair and smoking boots :-/ looking at a big hole in the lottie. So as i've said which one do you want ??? only problem they are copywright so don't tell amyone i'm sending it to you (who me officer never heard of the lady) . If you want you can visit www. rainbowtradingpost.co and get anything off there for wind ( settlers are best though) it can even show you how to convert your car to electric ??? i'm not trying that as i like my car's shape the way it is thank you very much :o.
Hope to hear from you both soon

Heath Robinson (junior)

jethro

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2003, 11:28:49 »
Hi all, DISASTER >:( :( on Saturday i fixed the turbine, it was running great purring like a kitten ;D sat there watching it for a couple of hours grinning like the Cheshire cat thinking of the different ways to use it :P . Sunday, went to the lottie noticed something was different, guess what ??? some little darling had broke into the shed and nicked the thing, also the solar panel etc >:( >:( :o . I sat there nearly crying thinking of all the work i hasd put into it. Called the law, they came and said there was nothing they could do which didn't help my mood :-X. Eventually got over it, went to feed the chooks etc and found that Reynard had got into the pen and killed everything >:( :(, by this time i was ready to commit suicide. Once again sat there trying to cool my temper, did that then went in to look at my leeks in the polytunnel and gues what ??? all my leeks had gone ??? >:( :( . So all in all i have had a good weekend, but i'm not going to let the ba**ards win i'm starting again and this time i'm going to wire up 20,000 volts to everything to make sure they don't get the better of me and hopefully teach them a lesson. So that's my weekend how was yours? ???

Beer_Belly

• Acre
  • English bloke in Holland
    • ToadRunners Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2003, 14:39:38 »
Don't let the B@stards get you down mate !

jethro

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2003, 18:18:54 »
Cheers BB, at the moment i'm sitting at work thinking how to stop the 'darlings', it really gets my back up. So thanks once again for the encouragement ;D.

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2003, 18:27:18 »
Oh Jethro does the lottie have any insurance you can claim against? :-/
Put up a sign " Enter at your own risk radio active " and have a skull and cross bones sign as well. ;D
give the B. something to think about they might have to go home on the comp to find out what your talking about heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Teresa

Tenuse

• Acre
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2003, 19:42:06 »
Oh how awful I am so sorry for you!

It's hard not to think a lot of evil nasty thoughts when something like this happens - but I heard a nice idea a few years ago:

If you see the glass not as half full or half empty, but as already broken, if your glass ever breaks, just say, "Ah, there it goes."

Or, in this case, leeks gone etc....

Oh well!

Ten x
Young, dumb and full of come hither looks.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2003, 02:15:28 »
What a b. awful weekend, Jethro. I'm so sorry.

News of your wind turbine had gone transatlantic, btw. on Friday, when I sent off choice extracts of this thread...

Concorde, eat your heart out[/color]

No wonder your local Plod couldn't do anything - perhaps Interpol should have been informed?

All the best - Lishka

Hugh_Jones

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2003, 02:43:12 »
If you build a big enough turbine to generate 20,000 volts, Jethro, you`ll be able to floodlight the entire lottie and have alarm bells as well - although the idea of fried sneakthief is very tempting (although somewhat illegal).

jethro

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2003, 11:48:03 »
Hi all, thanks for the support ;D calmed down now and b*gger the lot of them, the police, the committee and the 'little darlings' who done the damage >:( i'm going to build a bigger and better turbine that will electrify everything, only trouble is the lottie might start to fly by itself  ???. Maybe not 20,000 volts but not far off ;D also i've got some ideas to put them off 'visiting the lottie', ie japanese snipers in the grass, land mines in the turnips etc.

Tried interpol Alishka,they have no idea what i'm talking about ??? maybe they don't own a lottie, or what a lottie is even ;) silly b*ggers, they don't know the fun you have owning one.

I've already replaced the livestock thanks to some friends ;D what would we do without them eh. So the chooks, ducks, geese and goats are happy as pigs in sh*te? mmmm pigs i wonder :D?. I didnt realise you had to inform defra about moving goats something to do with foot and mouth, well i've looked and yes they have both thank you.

So back to normal, well as normal as possible due to being mad as a hatter and crazier than a box of broken biscuits. Will let you all know what happens next  :o hopefully something good this time. ;D :D ;)

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2003, 17:32:10 »
Hi Jethro
What a nightmare!   :o
A few years ago I called in to buy some produce from a lottie site, and the bloke there had moved his 2 alsatians into a kennel as permanent residents !!!
Sad state of affairs, but as BB says, don't let the b@stards get you down!!
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

jethro

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2003, 18:56:45 »
Hi Magpie Di, tried the dog thing but they got poisoned >:( by the 'darlings' 2 years ago, and i refuse to do it again, why hurt the poor animals just let them take the stuff :-/.

Hugh, fried sneakthief? will that taste good with barbequed fox ;D as a side dish.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal