Author Topic: Chriscross1966's squash and exotics swap  (Read 28196 times)

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Re: Chriscross1966's squash and exotics swap
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2010, 13:37:28 »

Suzanne:  Wanted:  weird Italians,

Saddad:   big warty things.

chrisc

Suzanne and Saddad, I hope you both get what you wanted, but hopefully not big warty weird Italians!

hehe, I needed that giggle.  :D
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2010, 09:05:19 »
OK folks, seeing as I haven't heard any objections then I'll try and get everything out this week.... got a load of house viewings 30 miles away from where I live this evening so unlikely to be tomorrow, but hopefully by the end of the week. Those of you in the exotics swap should get your seeds in there with them too..... unfortunately not enough Oca to hand it around, but if anyone wants some jerusalem artichokes let me know as I have soem spare...

chrisc

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2010, 00:00:52 »
Bit of a fail on my part, but should have the sort out finished tomorrow evening ... couple of minor variations where I've miscounted thinking there were three seeds in a small brown envelope.... in one case this means that we're short a couple of seeds so we only got two seeds each (IIRC it was Muscade) but on the up the Summer Crooknecks had a lot of more seeds in one pack so everyone who was getting them is getting three instead of two now.....

chrisc

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2010, 09:01:05 »
looking forward to getting my seeds - and I am sure whatever lands on my doorstep I'm going to be chuffed to bits  ;D

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2010, 09:25:02 »
My husband and I have just took on another full plot next to our existing one which we are going to use for all these squashes plus my stash of the varieties I sent in to you.
Cant wait to get started.  Thanks for organising this for for everyone who took part.
 ;D ;D ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2010, 09:26:20 »
Looking forward to them arriving... at least I know that's not what I have to go down to the  main office to collect...  :)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2010, 20:23:01 »
Thank you so much for organising this Chris, I'm looking forward to receiving them.

How did your house viewing go?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2010, 01:09:30 »
Hi folks,

Right, the squashes are all sorted out ... the one we were short on was Potimarron, not Muscade... sorry for the confusion..... I'll try to get the exotics done tomorrow and into the post Wednesday hopefully.....

Sounds like a good plan Julie, I'm probably going for 40 square metres of squash this year, 15 or so varieties, couple of plants of each...

House viewings went OK, found a place I like, big garden (100+ feet), quiet location considering that it's in a big town like Swindon... will easily be able to fit a big greenhouse in there with room to spare... just hope I can get it  sorted out before summer gets going so I can get a crop through it this year......

chrisc

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2010, 01:24:59 »
Chris I think I might have some spare Potimarron. I'll have a look tomorrow and get back to you. If I do anyone on your list can pm me and get some as long as I have enough.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2010, 19:19:57 »
It's OK, the missing two have turned up!.... I'd got four from someone adn two from someone else.... when I was doing the splitting up I only found the pack of four aqnd assumed I'd miscounted....

chrisc

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2010, 19:34:39 »
Right!... Suzanne, mpdjulie and 1066, your seeds are in the post for collection tomorrow.

Saddad I need an address to send them to cos I seem to have lost the note you put in the envelope you sent me (sorry  ::))

Anemone and squash64, hopefully I'll finish the exotics off this evening and then they will be ready to go to... I'm still at work BTW :(

chrisc

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2010, 22:47:10 »
Can't wait to receive them, thanks for doing this
 :D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2010, 03:43:47 »
It's OK, the missing two have turned up!.... I'd got four from someone adn two from someone else.... when I was doing the splitting up I only found the pack of four aqnd assumed I'd miscounted....

chrisc

OK I checked but I've only got 5. I thought I had more. Anyway if anyone wants a couple they're welcome but it would only be to the first comer.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2010, 00:27:07 »
OK folks, all the parcels and envelopes went out today....  most things were ok for postage so I'm not fussed about that...

In  all 52 varieties and approx 260 seeds entered this swap (squashes).... we have a few Marina di Choggia seeds left in the kitty so to speak... with saddad not growing for his sites plant sale I'm at a loss as to what to do with them.... I could keep them for next year as I willl be doing another one then I expect, or I'm open to suggestions.....

chrisc

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2010, 07:32:32 »
that's great and well done you for organising it all

As to suggestions, yes why not keep for them for next year or are there any kids gardening clubs who could put a few to good use?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2010, 07:59:04 »
The nursery I am training at are going to start a "veg garden" after Easter... I could put them in there... but to be honest I have enough stuff so if anybody wants them they can have first call...  :)

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2010, 11:41:45 »
Mine have arrived safely. Thank you so much for organising this Chris, just wonderful, and thanks also to everyone else who took part. As a very minor contributor to the swap, my seeds have certainly multiplied! Hope to have more to contribute next year (but no Marina di Chioggia will hang on to those.)

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2010, 13:52:19 »
Got mine this afternoon - thanks Chris for this once again
 ;D

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2010, 14:00:40 »
Mine arrived today - thank you so much Chris, you've done a brilliant job with this!  I love the way you have put seeds into little folded papers, very inventive.

As well as my own two plots, and most of my neighbour's plot, I can see that I might need more space  :o

Thanks again Chris.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2010, 18:07:37 »
Good to know they've started to arrive :D..... I thought someone would point out the paper packs do reveal some slightly dodgy things about my past ....... won't say what though :D

crhisc

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal