Author Topic: Shed competition  (Read 1352 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Shed competition
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:52:05 »
Our commitee has decided to hold a shed competition this year and my mate on the commitee has been asked to organise it.Has anyone any experience?
What do you look for?
Do you have more than one category?
I'm sure all you bright folk will have some suggestions so help pleeeese :)
sanity is overated

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Shed competition
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:20:16 »
A great idea macmac but if you ever read my shed thread you'll see why we wouldnt get far with a comp.

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,52077

Best home made shed (not a kit)?
Best paint job??
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Re: Shed competition
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:44:12 »
Sounds like a good idea. Particularly if you have some of the above.. ;D ;D

We had some very scruffy plots at one time and organised a 'best plot' competition. It was surprising how much went into weeding and sorting out just before the event.

I am not sure what you mean by best shed. Do you decorate them with hanging baskets, bird houses and grow sweet peas around the sides or is it a basic neat and tidy shed?

We found that people, if they had put effort in liked to get acknowledged rather than rewarded so a huge prize is not necessary at all. Just a Certificate. And maybe a plaque the winner keeps for a year. I suggest for example :-

Best Shed
Runner Up
Highly Commended
Special Merit Award
Commended
Merit.

Points can be awarded for all sorts and the inside as well as the outside can be judged.  

You can make up what you want. Get Independant Judges, the local Mayor is a good one to ask if there is no minor celeb in the area Book the Mayor as soon as you can after the 1st April, if a few can gather when he/she comes round it can make for an interesting couple of hours.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:47:54 by PurpleHeather »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal