Author Topic: Winner November Competition  (Read 2338 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Winner November Competition
« on: December 19, 2009, 11:32:04 »
to Toadspawn with his runaway victory!  A well captured picture (taken in your garden?)

Thanks very much also to Rosebud (the ship) Manic (scenery) and TeeGee (fireworks) for your entries  :D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Winner November Competition
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 14:07:38 »
Very well done, Toadspawn! This was the picture I promptly labelled 'Dinner!' ::) ;) ;D

Between the others.I love tall ships....where was that taken Buds? and really admired the action fireworks display - great skill there, I reckon....but...

the picture I loved more than all was No1 (Manics, was that yours, then?) and that got my vote. Why? Cos I loved the sheer romance and mystery of the electric wires (phone lines?) carrying 'stuff' along a wide open space, on and on and on.. There was an empty road there; again,  going from somewhere to somewhere but we didn't know where? No people around, not even a baa-lamb to signify habitation. Just the stillness and the misty autumnal trees in the background - and those lines..

So when I'd clicked on my choice, I found this video and played it while enjoying the picture again..

http://www.last.fm/music/Glen+Campbell/_/Wichita+Lineman

Ahhh, bet you didn't know I'd got romance in my soul, did ya?

(bet you didn't know I'd got a soul, come to that..) ::)

Lishka

Toadspawn

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 17:58:31 »
Thanks everyone for the votes.
There is a 'resident' Sparrow Hawk in the garden because the dining table is always full. Normally it is a case of watching a small bird and suddenly it is no longer there as the Hawk passes through. This time it landed on the patio and walked around the pots as if looking for a small bird in hiding. I was able to photograph it through the window, it was about 3-4 feet away. It really is a magnificent bird and I feel privilaged to have seen it so close.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 20:13:25 »
congratulations, toadspawn, I voted that one my favourite  ;D
yes, Hyacinth, that's mine, it's the walk we take the dog on, if I'd veered slightly to the right, you would've seen a mad staffie running like crazy around the field  ;D
used to listen to glen campbell all the time, I've probably got an L.P somewhere  ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 10:23:12 »
A lovely picture Toadspawn.  You must have a good camera to get your shots as clear as this.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 19:35:41 »
Is there a December competition or have I completely missed all of this forum for over a year??
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal