Author Topic: If it doesn't rain it snows!!! Trying to get to a funeral.  (Read 1102 times)

cocopops

• Acre
If it doesn't rain it snows!!! Trying to get to a funeral.
« on: December 18, 2009, 18:13:16 »
As some of you know my husband, Noel, lost his mum last week.  He came home on Monday with a van load of stuff as they have to clear out her bungalow asap.  He was due to sail tomorrow morning back to the UK.

As Eva was a Catholic, she is being taken into church Sunday evening and the service is on Monday.  I am staying here in France as we have so many animals it very hard to find cover at such a late date (BF, usual cover, is very pregnant).  My parents are going to the funeral, with my mum sitting with Noel on my behalf (our two families are close despite the distance).

Then it snowed...  It has been so bad that I have changed the ferry to tomorrow's overnight ferry.  Now it is so bad here that Noel has had to help recover a neighbour's car from a snow drift with the aide of her brother's tractor.  His suit is at the decliners miles away so we have managed to borrow one off a friend, if we can get there to pick it up.

Why now ???

betula

• Hectare
Re: If it doesn't rain it snows!!! Trying to get to a funeral.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 18:22:52 »
Sometimes everything that can go wrong will go wrong  :(  x

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 22:12:42 »
It'll be ok cocpops-things always feel as if they are all going wrong at times like these. So sorry to hear about your hubbie's mum.  :-*
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 22:37:00 »
Just to say I'm thinking of you at this tough time
Take Care

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal