Author Topic: Return of the blackbirds  (Read 2078 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Return of the blackbirds
« on: October 30, 2004, 18:21:04 »
The presence  of at least one blackbird pair has been a familiar sight and sound in my garden for a number of years now. However from around midsummer onwards this year they all disapeared, having nested, but not produced any young.

This i have mourned a bit because the blackbirds were always good company in the garden, and the song a pleasant change to the usual suburban noises.

This week though the familiar sight and sounds returned, as a female (or 'Mrs. B') at least had retuned to/arrived in the area. Havent seen a male yet though.

Today I was out working in the garden for most of the morning and part of the afternoon. For most of the time 'Mrs B' was about somewhere, 'clucking' and calling in the way female blackbirds do.

Great  :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 18:21:53 by Richard F »

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re:Return of the blackbirds
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 20:00:04 »
Pleased you have your blackbird back Richard.  I am in the same 'boat' and quite lost without my birds at this present moment.  However, this morning I too spotted a female blackbird and then a pair of chaffinches turned up.  I hope the rest of the birds follow soon cos I have a heck of a lot of bird seed waiting to be eaten and will ahve to change the 'nuts' soon because they have been uneaten for a week.  I am sure they will all be back soon once the cold weather is upon us.  There must be plenty food out there in the countryside for them to eat just now, so patience is all we need.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal